Monday, May 4, 2015

Sparkle Dots

Hello lovelies!

Gah, I keep missing my posts on Friday! I have all of my photos edited and everything too, so it really was just me being lazy haha. To be fair, it was my last day of classes and the opening of the Senior BFA show here on campus. My parents came down to celebrate the show, so I'm going to say that it was a justified miss!

I'm just going to stop rambling and get to the nails now!

nails, nail art, nail polish, forever polished, hey darling polish, sparkles, polka dots, indie polish,

Polka dots and triangles? Uh, YES PLEASE!





nails, nail art, nail polish, forever polished, hey darling polish, sparkles, polka dots, indie polish,

Here's what I used:


I'm trying to get back into using my indie polishes lately, because I feel like I've been using a lot of the same polishes over and over again. Today's indie was an untried too, so we're killing two birds with one stone in this post!

nails, nail art, nail polish, forever polished, hey darling polish, sparkles, polka dots, indie polish,

1. These nails started with three coats of Fairy Lights (I would recommend trying another coat or layering over a similar colored polish if VNL bothers you.)
2. Using a dotting tool and Love.Angel.Music.Baby, dot on some polka dots in the shape of a triangle.
3. Repeat the above step using Chantal (previously reviewed here.)
4. Clean up and seal everything in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, forever polished, hey darling polish, sparkles, polka dots, indie polish,

I'm torn on how I feel about Fairy Lights. The color with all of the glitters and flakies in it is absolutely gorgeous, but I'm not a fan of VNL so I wish it wasn't as sheer. I know I can layer it over another polish but I usually do a poor job at matching colors, because I get impatient looking for just the right color and then just end up picking one that isn't even close haha. Does anyone have any suggestions of what you might use under this? Let me know!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: