Monday, September 29, 2014

Lacquer Legion: Crisp

Hello lovelies!

Here's a second post for you all. I ended up missing last month's Lacquer Legion post because I completely forget about it but I knew I wanted to participate this time around. It's a lot of fun to see so many people come together every month to post nail art!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, leaves, autumn, fall, lacquer legion,LLCrisp, pattern, hey darling polish

This month's theme is Crisp so I painted leaves because leaves can be crisp!....I think!




nails, nail art, nail polish, leaves, autumn, fall, lacquer legion,LLCrisp, pattern, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:


And I'm doing something I normally don't do with this post but I'm pulling from my vault. I think I painted these in the beginning of August but never got around to posting them. I don't like pulling from my "vault" because there's not really much there and most of the photos are so old that I'm embarrassed to look at them haha. But you probably couldn't really tell because my nails are about the same length here as they are now.

nails, nail art, nail polish, leaves, autumn, fall, lacquer legion,LLCrisp, pattern, hey darling polish

These nails started with two or three coats of Ancient Affairs and a layer of HK Girl. I'm guessing that I used my detail brush to paint the leaf shapes on with the different polishes, and then used my striping brush and the acrylic paint to add the leaf detail. This was probably followed by another layer of HK Girl. I didn't write anything down for these nails so I don't actually know if any of that is accurate but we're going to go with it!

nails, nail art, nail polish, leaves, autumn, fall, lacquer legion,LLCrisp, pattern, hey darling polish

These nails were inspired by this pattern by Eloise Renouf, who has a ton of awesome prints in her Etsy shop! I don't remember how I felt about these when I painted them but looking at these nails now, I'm pretty happy! I'm also happy to see I've been able to keep my photography mostly consistent in the past two months or so (:


Don't forget to check the hashtag #LLCrisp to see more nail art. Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











5 comments: