Monday, February 23, 2015

Dots & Stripes or Stripes & Dots

Hello lovelies!

It's the beginning of another week! I don't have many things due this week for school, so let's hope this week is a little less stressful than last week. I've already finished one of my projects that's due on Thursday, so I think we're off to a good start!

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, zoya, hey darling polish,

These nails though? Meh, maybe, we're off to just an okay start...




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, zoya, hey darling polish,

Here's what I used:


I think there are a few lessons that can be learned from these. Number one, things don't always turn out how you envision them and that's okay. Number two, painting with acrylic paint is so much easier. Number three, painting your nails in bed is hard! Oops. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, zoya, hey darling polish,

These nails started with two coats of My Vampire Is Buff. I then use my detail brush and acrylic paint to add on all of the little dots. When those had dried, I went over those with the stripes done with Tilda and Breezi. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, zoya, hey darling polish,

These nails aren't horrible but I'm a little disappointed with my lack of consistency in the stripes. There's a good chance that I'm being too hard on myself again...but blah. Practice makes perfect!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: