Wednesday, February 4, 2015

N.A.I.L Linkup: Hot Pink

Hello lovelies!

It's a new month, which means new themes for the N.A.I.L Linkup. I have to admit that most of the themes this month aren't normally things that I would try but that's what makes challenges fun! Check out either Brijit's Digits, Craftynail, Eeeek Nail Polish!, or Nail That Accent! for more information.

Onto the nails!

indie polish, nails, nail art, nail polish, pink, polka dots, dots, hey darling polish, nail linkup, bright, holo

I'm just going to put a little warning here...none of the photos in the post are color accurate. My camera hated the base polish that I used and I didn't have the time to do a bunch of editing, so please don't use these photos as reference for purchasing decisions!




indie polish, nails, nail art, nail polish, pink, polka dots, dots, hey darling polish, nail linkup, bright, holo

Here's what I used:


Even my bottle shot of this polish is off. Wow, hmm, seems like my camera dislikes pink too haha! Anywho, if you're interested in seeing color accurate swatches of Let's Not Coral check out these posts from The Mercurial Magpie and Cosmetic Sanctuary!

indie polish, nails, nail art, nail polish, pink, polka dots, dots, hey darling polish, nail linkup, bright, holo

These nails started with two coats of Let's Not Coral. When that had dried, I used the different dotting tools and Fairy Godmother (previously reviewed here) to add on all of the polka dots. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

indie polish, nails, nail art, nail polish, pink, polka dots, dots, hey darling polish, nail linkup, bright, holo

I think you guys can pretty much all guess my feelings about these nails. Pink nail polish just doesn't cut it for me. I wore these for a full day and the whole entire time, I just kept staring at my nails because I didn't think they belonged to me. It was weird haha! I do like the design happening here though especially because these look pretty much exactly like the candle sitting on my desk right now!

That's all for today. Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: