Friday, November 7, 2014

New To Me Indie: Fair Maiden Polish - Be Your One Heroine Collection (Partial)

Hello lovelies!

I have a review for today's Indie Fridays post of a "new-to-me" indie brand. Fair Maiden Polish is actually fairly new to the indie polish scene but just wait until you see these polishes, they're amazing! I have some of their Be Your Own Heroine collection to show you all, so lets get to the polish!

*All swatches shown with a coat of HK Girl.





fairest of them all, nude, neutral, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

I'm going to start off this post with the polish Fairest Of Them All, a nude holographic polish with some pink shimmer in it. I'm showing you guys two coats of the polish on its own. 

fairest of them all, nude, neutral, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

This polish had a really great formula and I really liked wearing it. This would be a great polish if you work in an office and can't wear bright colors but still want something fun!

fairest of them all, nude, neutral, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Next up is Beauty Within!

beauty within, purple, flakies, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Beauty Within is a really interesting greyed out, purple polish filled with bright purple flakies. This was another two coater.

beauty within, purple, flakies, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

The formula of this polish felt a little thicker than the rest but the difference was hardly even noticeable and caused no problems while applying it. I don't own any other polishes like this and I'm excited to use this as a base for nail art!

beauty within, purple, flakies, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Next up is Let Your Hair Down!

let your hair down, purple, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Let Your Hair Down is a dark purple polish with a linear holographic sparkle that took two coats to reach opacity. 

let your hair down, purple, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

This is another super beautiful polish. I don't have anything like this in my collection and I've already worn this twice since I received the polishes last week, I love it!

let your hair down, purple, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Here's a direct light photo so you can see the holographic sparkle better:

let your hair down, purple, holographic, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Next is Change Your Fate!

teal, shimmer, change your fate, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Change Your Life is a teal polish that has a green and purple flash from different shimmers. This was another two coater. I do recommend remembering to wrap the tips of your nails with this one. The polish pulled back a little on some of my nails but that was user error.

teal, shimmer, change your fate, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

This is another polish that I really loved and have already worn multiple times this week. I love how this is more of a darker teal because my collection is made up of mostly brights, and this is great for Autumn nails!

teal, shimmer, change your fate, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Last up is Fairy Godmother!

holographic, holo, topcoat, fairy godmother, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Fairy Godmother is a linear holographic topcoat that took one coat to reach this amount of sparkly-ness. I layered it over two coats of China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise.

holographic, holo, topcoat, fairy godmother, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

This polish. Wow. Holo polish is definitely starting to grow on me because this is amazing. This is my first linear holographic topcoat and I was amazed when I put it on. I loved these two polishes together!

holographic, holo, topcoat, fairy godmother, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

And here's a direct light shot to see the sparkles more:

holographic, holo, topcoat, fairy godmother, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, fair maiden polish, be your own heroine

Here are some macros:




I'm so impressed with this brand. The formulas on all of the polishes were amazing and these were all unique to my stash. The presentation of the polishes was great as well. I love the logos printed on the clear stickers and that the mini bottles still had the a sticker with the logo on it.  I think you all should keep your eye on these guys because they're bound to do some great things!

The Be Your Own Heroine collection has five more polishes in it. You can either purchase the entire collection for $85 dollars or buy individual bottles for $9 a piece. And the ladies behind Fair Maiden Polish were kind enough to offer a discount code to my readers! Use the code HDP20 for 20% off of your order. This code is good until November 30th. How cool! Here are their social media links:


I'll have nail art up on the blog tomorrow that was done with these polishes, so check back!

-Marisa! (:















26 comments:

  1. These are pretty holos. I like how soft they are in color and in intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fab! I really want to try some of these after seeing all of the wonderful reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we posted swatches on the same day! haha! :D I love Fairest of Them All on you, it's incredibly flattering. Great swatches as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swatches of all of these! Definitely a brand to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the holo-ness of these.. And they're all different from the ones that are out there, I believe, so that's awesome! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Beauty Within. This is one indie brand that Im going to have to keep an eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That holo top coat looks great! This line is really pretty, and I love your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first two are my favorites. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the first I thought Meh... then the more I scrolled down the more I was stunned by their beauty!! Very pretty polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauty Within is gorgeous! They are all pretty, but that one is my favorite from your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This collection is stunning. I have the whole set and it's just... perfection

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning collection! I love Beauty Within on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such stunning swatches!! I've been loving everything I've been seeing from this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There were so many awesome reviews of these, it's so great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen anything like most of these, they're really awesome!

    ReplyDelete