Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Books - Week 1

Hello lovelies!

Another on time post, yeah! I may have written this post before starting my homework because what are priorities? Right? Right.

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, the odyssey of homer, waves, zig zags, the nail challenge collaborative

Ahh man, I did these before my nail break. Photos like this make me want to keep my nails longer even if I can't function with them /:




nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, the odyssey of homer, waves, zig zags, the nail challenge collaborative

Here's what I used:

This month's theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative is books and I'm so happy because there are so many amazingly designed book covers. I've been meaning to do a little series or something of nail art based on different covers and now I get to do it! Today's nails are based off out of this cover for The Odyssey Of Homer, unfortunately I can't find the designer which is a bummer.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, the odyssey of homer, waves, zig zags, the nail challenge collaborative

I started these nails with two coats of China Glaze's Wait N' Sea. The waves were freehanded on with the black acrylic paint and my detail brush. I then attempted to add the little boat on but it looks a little wonky. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, the odyssey of homer, waves, zig zags, the nail challenge collaborative

The inspiration for these is a little bit out there but I really liked how these turned out! I even wore these for two days which is something that I rarely do. A manicure is lucky if it lasts more than 24 hours haha.


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






23 comments:

  1. Looks great! That blue is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely... I've still been contemplating what to do for this theme, I have a vague idea but I like my pandas so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have Wait N Sea but haven't worn it yet, now I feel like I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! I love the colors you chose for this. China Glaze sure knows how to make a fabulous blue. Some of my favorite blue polishes are from CG! Love your interruption!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration! The Odyssey is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mani! I think I need that blue shade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! You nailed the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dalai Lama's NailsNovember 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM

    Great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete