Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Nail Art Link Up: Dreamcatchers

Hello lovelies!

It's Wednesday, woo! I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for this week to be over. 

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, dreamcatchers, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

This is the first time that I've ever worn a dreamcatcher design as a final manicure. I like it!




nails, nail art, nail polish, dreamcatchers, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

Here's what I used:


My first attempt at a dreamcatcher design was done over a year ago for the 33 Day Challenge (here) and I definitely think that these ones came out better. There are some scary looking hand poses in that post so look back at your own risk haha!

nails, nail art, nail polish, dreamcatchers, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

These nails started with two coats of African Violets (previously reviewed here). Then using my striping brush and black paint, I painted on a half moon shape for the outline of the dreamcatcher. I then went back into paint in the strings, feathers, and beads. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, dreamcatchers, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

These aren't perfect, I wish my line work was a little bit thinner, but I like how these turned out! I might be a little biased though because African Violets is such a beautiful polish that I think whatever manicure that I use it in will be amazing haha. What do you guys think of these? Let me know!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






35 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I've always wanted to do some dream catcher nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the thicker line work really suits the design - I've never seen a dreamcatcher that's perfectly thin and even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream catchers! This is beautiful. Especially against that base with the shimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I used to always get mad at my dreamcatcher when I was a kid 'cause I'd still be having bad dreams lol. I think I need African Violets now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. African Violets is a really gorgeous polish! Great base color :) And I really like the feather detail too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dream catchers.When I was younger I had so many dream catchers. You did an amazing job creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dreamcatcher nail art! This has always been something I've wanted to do and you've super inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it's kind of a half-moon manicure, it's very cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing, Marisa! It also makes me want to try Black Dahlia even more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect dreamcatchers! I love that base polish too...it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This mani looks very difficult to do! You did great though, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the design! And it's gorgeous with these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love dreamcatchers!! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that! And simple enough I could do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree the base is so pretty! And I think you did a good job on the nail art too. I've been wanting to do this nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely base! Have you tried cutting your brushes to a few bristles? It does help getting thinner lines!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww yeah, I'd get mad too! And yes you need African Violets, it's amazing! (;

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww I'd love to see your version of these! (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much! Give it a try, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have tried that! I *think* I may have gotten some new brushes as a birthday present, I just don't have them yet haha. So, I'll have to try the new ones out before I go hacking at these ones more haha

    ReplyDelete