Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hobby Polish Bloggers: November - Fall Favorites

Hello lovelies!

Look, another surprise weekend post! It's time for another Hobby Polish Bloggers post and this month's theme is all about our Fall favorites. I decided that I would show you guys three polishes that I think are great for Fall and then some nail art that I did with each!

So, onto the nails!




amazing chic nails, indie polish, falling leaves, glitter, swatch, nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers,

First up, is Amazing Chic Nails's Falling Leaves (previously reviewed). I mean, it's called Falling Leaves obviously this is great for Fall! I love the colors of the glitters and all of the different shapes! This is one coat layered over Zoya's Emilia.

zoya remy, glitter, glitter gradient, amazing chic nails, falling leaves, nail art, nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers,

For the nail art, I decided to do a glitter gradient over a contrasting base color (Zoya's Remy). I used a make-up sponge to build the glitters up since Falling Leaves does tend to be a little base heavy. I loved these nails! This was my first time using Zoya's Remy and I love the color.

nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers, indie polish, black dahlia lacquer, cream, wine

Next up is Black Dahlia Lacquer's Blood Roses (previously reviewed). I thought this color was really pretty and great for when you want something other than browns and reds for Fall! This is two coats on its own.

nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers, nail art, indie polish, black dahlia lacquer, blood roses, leaves

For the nail art, I used this wrapping paper as my inspiration. I've actually painted this design before for the first day of the 31 Day Challenge back in September. I loved the design then and I love it here too!

nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers, zoya, yuna, zoya yuna, swatch, grey, shimmer

Last up is Zoya's Yuna! I'm in love with Zoya's Ignite collection. At first I only bought Yuna, Sansa, and, Remy but I placed a second order for Teigen and India! I've really been liking grey polish and the shimmer in Yuna makes this one stand out.

nails, nail polish, hey darling polish, fall favorites, hobby polish bloggers, watermarble, zoya, ignite, yuna, remy, sansa, nail art

It's been so long since I did a watermarble and it shows but oh well. For these I started with two coats of OPI's My Vampire Is Buff. The marble was done with Yuna, Remy, and Sansa, which spread surprisingly really well in the water. These don't look all that Fall like but I loved how these turned out!

Well, that wraps up my Fall favorites! This was my first posting a swatch of a mainstream polish haha! Weird, anyways, hopefully you guys liked this post and check out the other bloggers posts below. Thanks for reading!

-Marisa! (:











17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love these kinds of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that water marble at the end. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuna is one of my favorites from this fall, too! Is it gray? green? I don't know I love it. I'm so surprised at how well those shimmery Zoyas marbled, it's a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling Leaves is such a beautiful and versatile glitter topper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that 2 people featured Zoya Luna! I need to pull that one out and give it another whirl. Great favs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks for fall! I agree, all of them are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the wrapping paper inspired one!

    wrapping paper
    wrapping paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fantastic fall polishes! And yes, Yuna is amazing! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picks! Amazing Chic Nails's Falling Leaves is a polish I never heard about before but it is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Nail Smith (Millie)November 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM

    Really pretty color combos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look you did with Remy and Falling Leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these. And I think your water marble is great, I wish mine turned out that well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these! Especially Falling Leaves and Yuna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Remy and Blood Roses! Your watermarble looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete