Monday, November 3, 2014

Manic Monday

Hello lovelies!

I'm back! I wasn't even really gone for long...last week was really stressful and weird with school so blogging got pushed to the side. But I'm back this week and with some exciting news. I just found out yesterday but some of my nail art was featured in Nail It! Magazine! I had no idea but I'm so happy! I need to find myself a copy of the issue now (:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, neon, bright, manic monday,

My 80's pattern kick is still going strong....




nails, nail art, nail polish, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, neon, bright, manic monday,

Here's what I used:

This 80's inspired look is my recreation of this pattern that I found on Pinterest. The link just goes to someone else's blog so I don't know who originally created the design but I'm sure that they're a very awesome person!

nails, nail art, nail polish, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, neon, bright, manic monday,

These nails started off with two coats of Black Out and a layer of HK Girl. I then used Breezi and 24/7 to paint on the diagonal designs. I mixed some of the white and yellow acrylic paint together that way it would be opaque over the black, and used that to add the random shapes between the color blocks. Everything was cleaned up and sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, neon, bright, manic monday,

We're off to a good start this week. I loved wearing these nails and I was able to paint the design decently on my right hand! Woo! Hopefully you guys like them as well. 

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





26 comments:

  1. So exciting you were featured in the magazine! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all your 80s nails - it makes my 80s loving heart happy! And I loved seeing your work in Nail It! Congrats on the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want more 80s nails! Haha, I love them! :)
    And congratz for being featured on Nail It! magazine. That must be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weeee! Congratulations!!! What mani was featured!? I hope you can snag a copy and I love this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun manicure and congrats on being featured in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the feature! Thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 80's inspiration and congratulations on the feature!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! :-D Really 80's and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so 80's! I love 80's patterns on nails, they always work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being in Nail It! Your patterns are awesome and this is no exception :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mani, very 80's indeed! And it's super awesome you're in Nail It Mag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I think I can do that! (: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thank you! And it was this one http://heydarlingpolish.blogspot.com/2014/09/lacquer-legion-crisp.html (:

    ReplyDelete