Saturday, November 29, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Zoya Strokes

Hello lovelies!

Long time, no post....okay, it's only been five days but it feels like a long time to me. I've explained my little absence on Instagram a little bit but short and sweet: I'm back home from school for Thanksgiving break and I really just needed a few days away from school work and blogging. I'm slowly getting myself organized again to start blogging more (we won't talk about that homework....woof) but expect some posts coming your way!

So, let's get to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, zoya, brushstrokes, hey darling polish, fall, autumn, gradient

These first couple of posts will probably be short and simple.




nails, nail art, nail polish, zoya, brushstrokes, hey darling polish, fall, autumn, gradient

Here's what I used:


The themes for the 52 Week Challenge this week are brushstrokes and our favorite brand. I decided to do a fan brush gradient using polishes from my favorite mainstream brand which is Zoya!

nails, nail art, nail polish, zoya, brushstrokes, hey darling polish, fall, autumn, gradient

These nails started with two coats of Zoya's Margo. Then using my fan brush, I striped on some Teigen, followed by Sansa, and then Remy. Neverland Nail Blog has a tutorial on how to do fan brush gradients, I didn't do it exactly like her but it would be a good starting place for you to look if you'd like to try this. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, zoya, brushstrokes, hey darling polish, fall, autumn, gradient

I loved these nails so much! I was honestly shocked at how much I liked them. I think I ended up wearing them for three days, which for me is a long time. Sadly, my nails broke while wearing this though so now my nails are even shorter /:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









8 comments:

  1. These look great! I love using the fan brush to do that and I like that yours turned out so subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mani is perfection!! I'm going to have to try that out soon! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the subtlety of the design. Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! Those polishes all work so well together (Zoya did a good job on coordinating their collections!)

    ReplyDelete