Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Books - Week 4

Hello lovelies!

I'm back today with my last post for this month's The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I'm sad to see this theme go because I was really having fun with it, and I had a bunch of manicures I wanted to try but I ran out of time to do. 

Blah, anyways onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, book of ghost stories, roald dahl, hey darling polish, trees, the nail challenge collaborative, books

And today we learn what happens when you pick the wrong base polish! Invisible nail art!




nails, nail art, nail polish, book of ghost stories, roald dahl, hey darling polish, trees, the nail challenge collaborative, books

Here's what I used:


This nail look was inspired by the cover for Roald Dahl's Book Of Ghost Stories. This look probably would have been better for Halloween but eh, you know, I'm getting ahead start for next year (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, book of ghost stories, roald dahl, hey darling polish, trees, the nail challenge collaborative, books

These nails started with two coats of Genevieve. When that dried, I lightly brushed on some horizontal stripes of 4 In The Morning and smoothed them out using a brush dipped in acetone. The moon was added with some acrylic paint and my dotting tool, and followed with a layer of HK Girl. I then freehanded on the trees and my attempt at some crows, and sealed everything in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, book of ghost stories, roald dahl, hey darling polish, trees, the nail challenge collaborative, books

I think these would have turned out better if my base polish had been just a tad bit lighter. When I packed up some polishes to come home for break I grabbed all of my Zoyas, OPIs, and KBShimmer polishes which means I'm lacking some color variety right now....I'm good on blues and teals though haha. Oh well, I got to play with one of my new nail art brushes so I'm happy about that!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







2 comments: