Wednesday, November 5, 2014

N.A.I.L Linkup: November - Pandas

Hello lovelies!

I have a post that's up on time, woo! This semester is starting to get really hectic with all the different projects going on and different club events, so it's getting harder and harder to find the time to write posts. But I'm determined to keep blogging at a consistent rate. I'm thinking of planning a week of guest posts for the last week of the semester, just so I can take the week to focus on school. I don't know though, I should probably decide soon....

Anyways, onto today's nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, pandas, panda, orange, glitter, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

I'm in love with these nails!




nails, nail art, nail polish, pandas, panda, orange, glitter, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

Here's what I used:

These pandas were inspired by this pattern by Andrea Lauren. I was going to paint the background design in but opted for the glitter instead because I was running a little short on time.

nails, nail art, nail polish, pandas, panda, orange, glitter, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

I started these off with two coats of Big Daddy, a layer of Dragon's Gold, and a layer of HK Girl. Then using the acrylic paint and the detail brush, I added the panda faces! I found it easiest to paint the entire shape in black first then go back in to add the white face and follow that with the black details. But if you're good with painting thin lines you could easily paint the white first and then outline it. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, pandas, panda, orange, glitter, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup

I also feel like because of school, I haven't had the chance to sit down and paint anything that is a little bit more time consuming. It was so nice being able to sit down and just focus on painting the pandas and I think they turned out so cute. It's little moments like that that make me love nail art so much!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








28 comments:

  1. Oh em gee! This is so frakking cute! I love that glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so effing cute!! Love this mani so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eekk! What cute pandas! There one of my favorite animals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhh! These are sooo cute. I.cannot.handle.it!! I love everything about these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dalai Lama's NailsNovember 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM

    OH MY GOSH they are probably the cutest little pandas ever! EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nail Smith (Millie)November 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM

    Super cute! And I love the color combo for the background, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pandas ar so cute! I was ohh-ing and ahh-ing through the entire post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PANDAS! Omg, I am kind of freaking out. I love pandas!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute... I like your glitter background. I always see glitter bases and think, I should try that one time, but I still haven't. Also, funny you should mention the order you did yours in, I actually started with the white and then outlined my panda heads.... (not that you'll be able to see them until tomorrow, muhahahah)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PANDAS!! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So freakin' cute!! I hear ya about finding time to write posts. Let me know if you learn any of the secretz haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so pretty! This would make a perfect Chinese New Year mani: pandas, red, gold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I wish I knew to tell you but I'm still at a lose!

    ReplyDelete