Sunday, November 30, 2014

Indie Weekends: KBShimmer - Holly Back Girl + Toast-ess With The Mostest

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with another post for you guys. I always slack on getting my Indie Fridays Weekend posts up for you guys so I wanted to post this today. I'm going to start working my way through my KBShimmer collection! I've paired up the polishes and will be showing two per post along with some nail art, so you guys will be seeing KBShimmer for a well because I have a quite a few to get through.

So, let's get started!




holly back girl, white, green, red, christmas, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

The first polish I'm going to show you all is Holly Back Girl! This polish is a white crelly that is filled with red and green hex glitters. I'm showing you guys three coats on its own. 

holly back girl, white, green, red, christmas, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

The formula on this polish is amazing. I had no problems with the glitters clumping and was able to get even coats that built up to this opacity. I normally don't like Christmas colored things and only tolerate the red and green color combo on Christmas Eve and Christmas....this is sounding totally Grinch like but color combo associations bother me.....but I like this polish! I actually wore it yesterday and I liked it. This will definitely be great for Christmas!

holly back girl, white, green, red, christmas, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

Next up is Toast-ess With The Mostest!

toast-ess with the mostest, gold, pink, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

Toast-ess With The Mostest is from last year's Winter Collection that was created in collaboration with a bunch of awesome bloggers, this one was the brain child of Valesha from Peachy Polish! This polish is filled with so many glitters from gold hexes, giant, holo circles, pink circles, and holo sparkles. I'm showing you guys one coat over Zoya's Margo.

toast-ess with the mostest, gold, pink, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

I love this polish so much! And you can probably expect to hear that a lot through all of my KBShimmer posts. I love all of the different glitters and the holo sparkle. My bottle is from last year and I think some of the base has evaporated (can that happen? I don't even know) so my bottle is a little hard to work with, but the glitter payoff is well worth it for me.

toast-ess with the mostest, gold, pink, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

And I did some nail art with both polishes!

nail art, holly back girl, christmas, christmas trees, freehand, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

Christmas tree french tips! Can we make that a thing? I have no idea why I painted Christmas trees but I think they work. A little early but you know, I'll probably slack at posting Christmas nail art leading up to the holiday so I'll get it out of the way now (:

nail art, holly back girl, christmas, christmas trees, freehand, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

These nails started with three coats of Holly Back Girl and a layer of HK Girl. Then using a detail brush and green acrylic paint, I added on the trees. I then used the same brush and other colors to add the decorations on the trees. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nail art, holly back girl, christmas, christmas trees, freehand, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

Last up is the nail art that I did with Toast-ess With The Mostest!

glitter gradient, toast-ess with the mostest, purple, sparkle, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

My photos of this do not do it justice at all. These nails were so unbelievably sparkly and awesome, I loved wearing these! I wore these when I went out the night before Thanksgiving and to dinner the next day, and they were a hit both times!

glitter gradient, toast-ess with the mostest, purple, sparkle, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

These nails started with two coats of Zoya's Sansa. Then using a make-up sponge, I sponged on the gradient using Toast-ess With The Mostest. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

glitter gradient, toast-ess with the mostest, purple, sparkle, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, glitter

Here's some macros I took:


Both of these polishes are available in KBShimmer's store and retail for $8.75. But if you spend $70 or more, you can get Holly Back Girl for free with your order! Just add a bottle to your cart and use the code: HBGFREE. There is also free shipping when you spend over $40. Here are some links:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











26 comments:

  1. I need to pull out Toast-ess with the Most-est, it's such a great glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love Toast-ess With The Mostest!! The Zoya shade you paired it with works so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas tree french tips should def be a thing! These all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly Back Girl is the perfect Christmas polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these look awesome! I actually have my Holly Back Girl post scheduled for tomorrow! :D I agree...the formula is absolutely amazing on that polish. I really need to pick up Toast-ess With the Mostest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both colors are gorgeous but Toast-ess With The Mostest is just calling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly Back Girl is so pretty, I love your trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tree shaped French is SO cute! I love it! Did you paint it on by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of this. I'm a huge fan of glitter gradients as a rule, but your Christmas Tree frenchie tops that! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these polishes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Holly Back Girl and those pine trees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading this post made my heart swell! I still get to excited seeing Toast-ess on fellow bloggers and people in general! LOVE IT! I'm glad you liked my collab polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally just saw this comment! Gah, my bad haha. But thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww it's a beautiful polish!! You did a great job with it! (:

    ReplyDelete