Saturday, November 29, 2014

Nail Art Link Up: Music

Hello lovelies!

Look, two posts! I've got a few things that I need to get up before the end of November so I'm double posting to get it all in.

So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, grey, oceana, birth.eater, album art, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, handprint

I got to do some music inspired nail art! I miss doing these!




nails, nail art, nail polish, grey, oceana, birth.eater, album art, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, handprint

Here's what I used:


This nail art look is inspired by Oceana's Birth.Eater album. I actually don't really listen to this band very much anymore but the album art stood out to me because it seemed so dark compared to all the other ones around it in my library. The nail art didn't take that long to do either which was a plus.

nails, nail art, nail polish, grey, oceana, birth.eater, album art, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, handprint

These nails started with two coats of Lucky 13 Lacquer's Quantum Locked. Then using a makeup sponge, I randomly sponged on Yuna, Queen Of The Night (previously reviewed), and 4 In The Morning. The handprint was painted on using grey acrylic paint (not pictured) and sealed in with a layer of HK Girl. When that dried, I added on a layer of Wax That...

nails, nail art, nail polish, grey, oceana, birth.eater, album art, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, handprint

I'm a little blah about how these turned out. I only brought home some of my nail polish and supplies, so it's been a little hard to do detailed nail art. My photo setup is all wonky right now too so I'm trying to figure that out. Regardless, I think they look decent though and I like the look of the background, so I'll consider that a win!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: