Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Books - Week 2

Hello lovelies!

I have a quick post for you guys today since it's late and I need a little sleep before class. It's scary how many times, I've started off a post with that exact sentence...anyone got any time management tips?...haha.....sigh....

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, marshlands, hey darling polish, gold, tan, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, books,

I love how these turned out!




nails, nail art, nail polish, marshlands, hey darling polish, gold, tan, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, books,

Here's what I used:


Today's nails were inspired by the cover of the book, Marshlands by Matthew Olshan, designed by Oliver Munday. When I started pinning ideas for this month's The Nail Challenge Collaborative theme, I knew that I had to paint this cover on my nails. I don't know why but it just looked like it would make some great nail art and I definitely think it did!

nails, nail art, nail polish, marshlands, hey darling polish, gold, tan, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, books,

These nails started with two coats of Love.Angel.Music.Baby. I used Black Out and my fan brush to lightly dab on some spots. When that had dried, I painted on different blocks of My Vampire Is Buff and used my fan brush again to dab on some black dots. After that, I painted on the blue sections with Blue Slate. The water lines and little boat were done with acrylic paint and my detail brush. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, marshlands, hey darling polish, gold, tan, blue, the nail challenge collaborative, books,

This is definitely not your typical nail art design but I think that's why I like it so much! Different is always a good thing in my books (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






22 comments:

  1. These look great! I really need to get started on my second manicure for this theme asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine tribute to Oliver Munday's brilliant artwork. The author approves! All the best, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Fantastic recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mani. My time management tips involve giving up everything except nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great! Time management? What's that? Procrastinators unite….tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are incredible!! I love love love the colors together, this is such an awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing mani! Seeing yours makes me want to create something as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these manis that are inspired by a book! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooooooooooove these! You nailed that book art! It looks so interesting as a mani as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Haha can I drop out of college and just do nails?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! And yes!! Always push it off till tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't either but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete