Monday, November 10, 2014

Birthday Nail Art

Hello lovelies!

Can you guys believe that I've blogged through two birthdays with you guys already? I still feel like I just started blogging haha. Anyways, yesterday was my 21st birthday and I wanted to show you guys what I wore on my nails!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, hey darling polish, blue, silver, black, birthday nails,

So. Many. Sparkles!




nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, hey darling polish, blue, silver, black, birthday nails,

Here's what I used:

Last year for my birthday, I did glitter placement nails and I wanted to see if I could one up myself this year. I think I succeeded too! These nails look so much better compared to last years nails and don't even get me started on hand poses and the photos haha. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, hey darling polish, blue, silver, black, birthday nails,

These nails started off with two coats of Zoya's Storm. I then used Essie's No Chips Ahead to paint a thin line of topcoat down the center of my nail and started placing the glitters with the dotting tool. I would make one vertical line down and then followed that with a row on the side until my entire nail was covered. I sealed these in with a layer of HK Girl but I'd recommend either two layers of topcoat or one thicker coat, aka Gelous, because I lost a few glitters in the night and had to replace them.

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, hey darling polish, blue, silver, black, birthday nails,

 I loved these nails so much! They were so sparkly! Well, worth the hour and half that I spent working on them. But that's where Doctor Who comes in! Did you guys know that series 7 is on Netflix?! I had no idea and now I've been trying to sneak in as many episodes as I can between doing homework. And....I got distracted....anyways, if you follow me on Instagram, then you might have seen my attempt and showing these off with my first legal drink. Let's just say it was a fail haha!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:




33 comments:

  1. Very cool glitter placement, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! Must have taken a while to do too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! ❤ Someday I will have the patience do do a whole manicure like this. :) Happy, Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! I dont have the patience to do a glitter placement manicure but I love the look of them. I really like how you striped yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You have the patience of a saint lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! What an awesome birthday mani! Girl, you must have SO much patience for all of that glitter placement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!! I've never done glitter placement... I don't know if my pseudo-ADD would let me lol! And YAY for Doctor Who! I can't wait for season 8 to be released so I can watch the new Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I hope you've had a great day. :) I just love this manicure, I wimp out when it comes to glitter placement and either do just one nail or do it very simply on all nails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay birthdays! I see so much to celebrate: your badass glitter placement, improvement from last year, and your first legal drink.Happy Birthday, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy bday! Wow, so much work and it was totally worth it, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried doing this once and lost patience, so hats off to you! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty, glitter placement is so time consuming but it looks awesome. And happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha it gets to point where it's kind of relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha woo Doctor Woo! I need to see hime too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww thank you so much!! And you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha aww thank you!! The first legal drink was fantastic (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your birthday was awesome! Love glitter placement manis like this, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your skill definitely improved, these look so neat (though last year's is not bad at all!) Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Dalai Lama's NailsNovember 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM

    Happy birthday! These nails are so festive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete