Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Nail Art Guild: Fall/Winter Fashion

Hello lovelies!

I have a random post for you all today, woo! I painted some nails to post for this month's book theme in The Nail Challenge Collaborative group, but I just realized that my inspiration was a poster, not a book. Ugh. But I never shared my nails here with you guys that I did for last Saturday's The Nail Art Guild post so I'll show you guys that!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, bows, bronze, blue, grey, bows, hey darling polish, the nail art guild, winter, fall, fashion

At least the back-up nails are cute!






nails, nail art, nail polish, bows, bronze, blue, grey, bows, hey darling polish, the nail art guild, winter, fall, fashion

Here's what I used:


The last theme that we did was Fall and Winter fashion. I found this really pretty scarf from Zulily which I used as my color inspiration. But then I found these super cute gloves from Etsy and decided to combine the two things into this nail art!

nails, nail art, nail polish, bows, bronze, blue, grey, bows, hey darling polish, the nail art guild, winter, fall, fashion

These nails started out with two coats of the no name polish from Forever 21. I then used the toothbrush to dab on Breezi. The Nailasaurus has a tutorial for this technique, it's super easy and I definitely recommend trying it out! I then added a layer of HK Girl. The base of the bows were added using American Apparel's Echo Park (I forgot to put it in the photo) and then outlined with acrylic paint. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, bows, bronze, blue, grey, bows, hey darling polish, the nail art guild, winter, fall, fashion

I love how the bows turned out here, they're so cute! Stef over at Fairly Charming recently posted this adorable, wedding nail art and I knew the minute I saw it, that I needed bows on my nails. I tried to mine to look like hers but hers look way cuter!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:

2 comments: