Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Nail Art Guild: Seasons

Hello lovelies!

Look who has a post for you guys! I keep disappearing after Thursday and missing my Indie Friday posts, because by the end of the week I'm exhausted and just end up falling asleep after class. The next two weeks or so are serious crunch time for school, so I can't promise that I'll be better at remembering to post but I'll try!

Anywho, let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, seasons, the nail art guild, stripes, hey darling polish

Also, The Nail Art Guild has changed how it's going to be run. Instead of posting every other week, the group will be posting once a month. Just a note for any of you who were maybe thinking about joining in.





nails, nail art, nail polish, seasons, the nail art guild, stripes, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:


I wish I could tell you what I was thinking when I did these nails, but I did these a few weeks ago and totally forgot what my idea was. I remember the colors on each nail are supposed to represent the different seasons, starting with Spring on my index finger and moving towards Winter on my pinky. The rest of the design? No idea haha.

nails, nail art, nail polish, seasons, the nail art guild, stripes, hey darling polish

These nails started with the different base colors. I think I have three or four coats of Miley on my index finger and the rest are two coats of their respective polish. I then used the brushes from the bottles to add the middle stripes of color. When that had dried, I used my striping brush and acrylic paint to paint on the geometric lines. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, seasons, the nail art guild, stripes, hey darling polish

These turned out alright. The different color combinations are kind of fun but the design is a little boring. I'm sure I had some genius reason for doing these when I did them, but right now I'm drawing a blank haha.


Make sure to check out the tag #TNAGseasons on Instagram to see more designs. Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: