Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kitty Polish: The Cat's Meow Subscription - August Review

Hello lovelies!

Thank you everyone who left a nice comment yesterday, you guys are all so sweet! I'm back today with a review of a new-to-me subscription box! This one is from Kitty Polish, which I reviewed a few weeks ago here and here. This box includes 2 full-sized polishes that are exclusive to the box and some nail art goodies for you to play with! I'll get into the pricing and what not at the bottom of the post but let's get to the photos.

*All swatches shown with 1 coat of Lucky 13 Lacquer's Elemental Ward

Onto the review!

Check under the cut for the photos!




First up is #TBT
nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT,

I'm showing you guys three coats of #TBT which is a yellow polish with a frosty polish. The formula on this was a little thick and it was streaky on the first and second coat, but I think that's pretty typical for yellow polishes. 

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT,

I can't say that I'm really a fan of this polish mostly because of the frost-like finish. The finish makes it hard to avoid brushstrokes but if you do get this, I recommend taking your time and applying #TBT carefully to minimize the look of them. 

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT,

Next up is Amazeballs!
nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amazeballs

Amazeballs is one of those polishes that you aren't sure if it's actually blue or if it's purple haha. So I'm going to call this a blurple polish with purple shimmer in it! This is three coats. I probably could have gotten away with two coats but I found it look a patchy in some places so I added the third one.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amazeballs

Now this polish, I really like...even if my camera doesn't! The shimmer is really pretty and I thought it was interesting that this looked different depending on what lighting you were in. The formula on this was also a bit thicker but it didn't make it difficult to apply.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amazeballs

I took a bonus iPhone shot in my bathroom lighting so you can see what I mean about the polish looking different. When in areas that aren't very well lit I found the polish to look more like the photo below:
nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amazeballs

Now, this box also comes with some nail art goodies for you to play with! I put together two different looks to show you guys.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT, nail art, nail vinyls

The first nail art goodies are these nail vinyl/sticker decals that come in a really cool, sunburst-like design. I have to admit that when I first saw these, I was really confused and didn't know what to do with them. The designs aren't big enough to cover your whole nail so you're left with straight edges in the middle of your nail. 

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT, nail art, nail vinyls

For these nails, I used 2 of the stickers per nail and lined them up so they created a pattern down my nail. I kind of wish that I had added some black stripes down the side because these just look a bit unfinished.

But I did try using these like my other nail vinyls where you place them down, paint a polish over it, and then peel off the sticker. But the little rays were so tiny on these that they didn't all want to pull up together.  I'm going to keep trying to play with these to make them work but I think I would prefer that the design covered the whole nail.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, yellow, #TBT, nail art, nail vinyls

And here is the second look!
nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amaze balls, nail art, flowers, glitter

The second nail art item that is included in this month's box was a baggy of various loose glitters. There are purple hexes, yellow circles, along with white and purple (holographic) flowers. I think this mix is fun and there's a good amount in the bag!

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amaze balls, nail art, flowers, glitter

These nails started with 3 coats of Amazeballs. I then added a layer of Kitty Polish's topcoat, placed each glitter, and added another layer of topcoat. The flower glitters are a little big so the edges stuck out when towards the sides of my nails, but I think they're adorable!

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie, kitty polish, hey darling polish, blue, purple, amaze balls, nail art, flowers, glitter

Here are some macros that I took of the polishes:

There also was a mini bottle of Kitty Polish's top coat in the Ocean Mist scent but I completely blanked on using it for my swatches. I did try using it with the nail art and found that it does dry fairly quickly. The scent is nice but it's a little overpowering.

And now for the purchase information, Kitty Polish's subscription box costs $20 a month (including shipping). I don't think that you're able to skip a month or pause the subscription but you can cancel at anytime. Also, there is the option of just ordering the current month's box if there are extras for $25. Here are some of the brand's links for you to check out:


And thanks for reading guys! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Marisa! (:















9 comments:

  1. I really like Amazeballs a lot. I like those flower glitter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue is just super gorgeous! I love that you included the iPhone shot, it definitely shows off how different it can be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this brand before. I really like the way you applied the decals with #TBT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glitters are so cute! I really like Amazeballs! Too bad about #tbt being so frosty, I hate it when the brush stroked show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea. I really love their logo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amazeballs! And I love your nail art with the vinyls and the glitter. Those vinyls do seem like they would be better if they covered the whole nail though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard of this brand, but I love that yellow! It would be a perfect addition to my Steelers colors collection! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a good subscription box, I hadn't heard of this brand before but I would certainly be interested in trying it. Both polishes look great. I also love their branding logo! xx

    ReplyDelete