Tuesday, April 7, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Classy Needle Drag

Hello lovelies!

I have a super quick post for you guys today. I actually have a Portfolio Review event tonight and I'm super nervous! I know how to talk about my design work and my reasoning behind my decisions, but I'm so shy that I usually just kind of sit quietly in the background. I'm typing this up and then getting right back to looking over all of my work!

So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, needle drag, studs, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

These nails are really pretty, so at least I have that going for me haha!




nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, needle drag, studs, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:


Can you believe that I've only tried the needle drag technique once before this? I don't know why I don't do this more often because the result is super cool!

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, needle drag, studs, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

These nails started with one coat of Josette (previously reviewed here.) I then dabbed on a few spots of Josette and Lamb.Angel.Music.Baby, and swirled those around my nail using my dotting tool. While the polish was still wet, I place the studs in and followed that with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, needle drag, studs, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

These nails aren't something that I would normally wear but I liked these! The colors were beautiful together and you can't beat such an easy design. I'll definitely be trying this again soon!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: