Sunday, April 19, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Negative Dotty Pastels

Hello lovelies!

Long time, no post. Right? Okay, it's been less than a week but it still feels like a long time. I thought I'd be able to get back into blogging like normal this past week but things have been crazy. I've spent the last week preparing projects to submit to the end of the year Senior show for the gallery on campus, I went home, attended a design conference, went out for a bachelorette party, and now I'm preparing the work that got into the show for the gallery plus homework. Usually I'd try harder to get a blogpost in but I guess lately, I haven't really been feeling super motivated to blog or paint my nails even. I think I'm doing better now that I took most of last week off, but we'll see how things go from here. I do miss blogging so I know that I'm not completely over it. We'll just take it day by day for now!

But, no more ranting. Onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, pastels, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, purple, blue

These nails are definitely not my best work though....meh.




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, pastels, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, purple, blue

Here's what I used:


This past week's themes for the 52 Week Challenge were negative space and pastels. I had no idea what to do but I knew I wanted polka dots, so this is what I did.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, pastels, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, purple, blue

These nails started with a layer of basecoat. Then using Lillian, Rayne, and my dotting tool, I added on the polka dots. I followed that with a layer of Glossy Glam. When that had dried, I laid down some straight Nail Vinyls and painted over them using Leslie. I cleaned up and added another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, stripes, pastels, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, purple, blue

Normally, I avoid the negative space looks because I don't like my stained nails showing but I really didn't mind wearing these. My only issues were that they were oddly bumpy because of the dots, and my basecoat acted funny when I tried cleaning up. I would try a look like this again though!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: