Monday, April 20, 2015

Hobby Polish Bloggers: April - April Showers

Hello lovelies!

Posts two days in a row? Yeah! The Hobby Polish Bloggers are all posting together this week and I couldn't miss out on it. The group has so many awesome ladies that are so helpful when it comes to pretty much any nail polish and/or blogging question. I would definitely check the group out if you haven't!

Let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, april showers, clouds, rain, zoya, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

I can't think of something to write here, so woo, yeah, ignore this rambling!




nails, nail art, nail polish, april showers, clouds, rain, zoya, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

Here's what I used:


This month's theme is April showers and I thought instead of painting actual rain drops, that I would try using the dry brush technique to make my rain. I think it worked pretty well!

nails, nail art, nail polish, april showers, clouds, rain, zoya, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

These nails started with two coats of Neely. Then using Breezi, Wednesday, and Kristen, I painted on the "rain" using the bottle brush. When that had dried, I used my detail brush and acrylic paint to add on the storm clouds. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, april showers, clouds, rain, zoya, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

I thought these turned out so cute! The colors are still Spring-y but the effect reminds me of rain. It's actually supposed to rain for most of this week, so maybe these will end up on my nails again haha.

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: