Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Patterned Wednesdays: All Of The Polka Dots

Hello darlings!

Guess who is actually writing her post at a decent hour tonight and is actually ahead on her homework! THIS GIRL! I bet you thought that you would never read that sentence on this blog! I'm so happy. I have homework for my illustration class done (due Thursday), I'm almost done with my interactive project (due Thursday), and I got a head start on a book that isn't even due until next Friday. Shocking, right?!

Anyways, this is a nail blog!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, blue, neutral, pattern, hey darling polish

I'm pretty sure I said a few weeks back that I hate doing dot manicures, and yet every Patterned Wednesday post that I've written has dots....hmmm, weird.....

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, blue, neutral, pattern, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

I really liked wearing these nails too! Maybe, it's just because I really like patterns but these posts seem to be some of my favorites. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, blue, neutral, pattern, hey darling polish

These nails started with 2 coats of OPI's Did You Ear About Van Gogh?. I then used a big dotting tool to add the blue dots. When they finished drying, I went back in with a smaller dotting tool and added more neutral dots!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, blue, neutral, pattern, hey darling polish

I used this pattern (here) as my reference. It's a really simple, yet beautiful pattern. The randomly placed smaller dots versus the more conformed bigger dots is really fun. I'm happy with how my dots came out here too!

Here's a song for today:
Lydia - Sleep Well

Thanks for reading guys!!

-Marisa! (:










4 comments:

  1. You always find the prettiest patterns! I am in love with the dots within the dots like that. It's just so simple but really clean and on purpose, if that even makes sense lol. Love this look <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I understand what you're saying! Thank you! (:

      Delete
  2. This is such a unique look. The pattern is kinda bizarre, but I still love it <3

    ReplyDelete