Friday, February 14, 2014

Indie Fridays! Star Crushed Minerals - Red Blackberry + Magenta

Hello lovelies!

I have another post for you all today! I'm excited for this post because I feel like these are my best swatches to date! Hopefully they can only get better from here :D

Today's Indie Fridays post features the the brand Star Crushed Minerals.

Onward to the nails!
hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch, red blackberry, plum, shimmer

I'm going to start this post off with the polish Red Blackberry!

More after the jump:


hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch, red blackberry, plum, shimmer

What you see here is *I think* 3 coats of Red Blackberry on its own, I forgot to write down how many coats. Sorry guys! This polish has what I'm calling a plum colored base with an amazing shimmer and some pink micro glitters. The purple flashes is actually my camera freaking out a bit….whoops.

hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch, red blackberry, plum, shimmer

hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch, red blackberry, plum, shimmer

Now, looking at my polish versus what's listed on their Etsy, mine looks way different. Their polish looks like it has a deeper purple base. Either way, I do really like this polish! It's definitely unique in my stash and I love the little pink glitters.

Next up is Magenta!
magenta, purple, glitter, hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch

magenta, purple, glitter, hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch

What you're seeing here is 3 coats of Magenta on its own. This polish has a dark magenta base and has a bunch of little iridescent like glitters scattered throughout. The overall look of the glitter is pretty subtle but super pretty when they hit the light!

magenta, purple, glitter, hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch

This was my favorite of the 2 that I'm showing you today! I really like the base color and this is another super unique polish in my collection. The subtle glitter is a nice break from all of my other glitter bombs!

magenta, purple, glitter, hey darling polish, indie, indie polish, nail polish, polish, star crushed minerals, swatch

I wanted to talk about the formula of these both at once so that's why I'm putting it down here. Both of these polishes are thick and have a consistency that I have never encountered before with a polish. It was a little weird to get used to but as you can tell from my swatches, I had no real issues with it. Just make sure to let each layer dry for a bit because they can get really thick really fast and then it'll take longer to dry.

Another reason that I was super excited about this post is because Star Crushed Minerals is having a 60 % sale right now! This is when I picked up my polishes, each one was only $3.60! I think they normally sell for $9. All of the polishes are good quality and wear fairly well. She also sells make-up products. I didn't buy any of those but the eyeshadows look amazing and everything is cruelty-free!

Here are some links:

Here's another song for you all:
Lydia - Now The One You Once Loved Is Leaving

Thanks for reading guys and have a wonderful weekend!

-Marisa! (: