Monday, January 12, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Film

Hello lovelies!

This is my last full week of "freedom" before school starts up again! Well, kind of freedom, hence the quotes. I still have to work and I've supposed to have been doing school work over break but uh, you know, no. Whoops. Yeah, I'm not happy with myself....but at least we have nails to look at and that makes me happy!

Also, technical note thing, I guess. I switched my commenting system over from Disqus to IntenseDebate yesterday because I found out that some people haven't been able to comment on the blog. I myself like Disqus but if it's not letting people comment I'm willing to let it go. I like getting comments from everyone so hopefully the switch will fix the issues. Please let me know if you are having any issues commenting so I can try to fix it! I honestly installed it in like ten minutes before going to work yesterday, so I haven't really looked into much of it yet. Feel free to send me an email or Facebook message if something comes up! Thanks!

Okay, nails. Now. Look!
nails, nail art, nail polish, jurassic park, dinosaur, hey darling polish, lucky 13 lacquer, red, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I did Jurassic Park inspired nails!.....again....wee!




nails, nail art, nail polish, jurassic park, dinosaur, hey darling polish, lucky 13 lacquer, red, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


I feel like today's nails are a bit of a cop out. I don't watch movies all that often and when I do, I normally just end up watching something I've already seen hundred times before. The Jurassic Park series is one that I know well (probably because I watched it every week during my sophomore year of college....), so I used that as my starting point. This gave me a chance to break out one of the custom polishes from Lucky 13 Lacquer that I had made for my first blogaversary giveaway!

nails, nail art, nail polish, jurassic park, dinosaur, hey darling polish, lucky 13 lacquer, red, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with three coats of Hold Onto Your Butts and a layer of HK Girl. I then used my detail brush and acrylic paint to add on the little dinosaur footprints. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, jurassic park, dinosaur, hey darling polish, lucky 13 lacquer, red, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I don't know. I probably could have done a lot more for these nails but the little footprints are kind of cute. At least, the base polish is lovely. 


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: