Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hobby Polish Bloggers: January - New To You

Hello lovelies!

The Hobby Polish Bloggers are all posting together this weekend and we're kicking this year off with things that are new to us! For those of you who don't know, the Hobby Polish Bloggers is a Facebook group for nail polish bloggers. I've found that the group is made up of some awesome people who are always super helpful when it comes to different aspects of blogging.  Definitely take the time to check it out!

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, green, pattern, hey darling polish, butter london, hobby polish bloggers,

I wonder if anyone can guess what my "new-to-me" thing was? Probably not but who knows. You get double the brownie points if you guess right!





nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, green, pattern, hey darling polish, butter london, hobby polish bloggers,

Here's what I used:


Can you figure out what my "new-to-me" item is now? No? Well, it's my first Butter London polish! My aunt gave me a little Butter London kit before I left for school that had this polish and a lipgloss in it. I never thought I'd ever own anything from this brand so I'm happy to have this polish.

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, green, pattern, hey darling polish, butter london, hobby polish bloggers,

These nails started with two coats of The Full Monty and a layer of HK Girl. I used this pattern by Ashley Goldberg as my inspiration for the green nail art (Flickr isn't working at the moment so I'll update her links when it's back up.) When I finished painting the design, everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, green, pattern, hey darling polish, butter london, hobby polish bloggers,

I do like this polish and I think it'll be a good addition to my collection because I don't own many golds, but I'm not a fan of this nail art. The design is cute but the combination of the gold and green is making me think of Christmas....oh well. Check out the inlinkz below to see what some other people tried out for the first time!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: