Monday, January 19, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Fire

Hello lovelies!

Blah, late post again. Oh well. I'm all moved back into my apartment though and everything is unpacked! Yeah! I don't know if any of you have tried carrying a full melmer up a flight of stairs before but I don't recommend it. All of my polish survived though!

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, mario, fire, fire flowers, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers,

I'm really hoping people get what's going on here or else I'm in trouble haha.




nails, nail art, nail polish, mario, fire, fire flowers, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers,

Here's what I used:


I painted fire flowers from Mario on my nails! For anyone who didn't grow up playing games from the Mario franchise (is that even possible?) then here is an example of what I'm talking about. This flower transformed normal Mario into Fire Mario and allowed him to throw fireballs!

nails, nail art, nail polish, mario, fire, fire flowers, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers,

These nails started with three coats of Rebel. Then using the saran wrap technique, I dabbed on Ling and Blu to create my base. This was followed by a layer of Top Coat. When that dried, I used the acrylic paint to add on the fire flowers. I found it easiest to paint the orange first and build up the inner colors. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Top Coat.

nails, nail art, nail polish, mario, fire, fire flowers, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, flowers,

I love these! I've never painted fire on my nails before and I just wasn't feeling it when it came time to do this prompt, so I'm happy that I came across the fire flower image. Now, serious question time, what is your favorite Mario game? I remember playing Super Mario on my Game Boy Color when I was little and then moved onto to Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64 (which I still have, woo!) I have to admit though, that I really like Super Mario Galaxy for Wii. I'm having a geek moment right now if you haven't noticed....so yeah....


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: