Wednesday, January 21, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Three Shades of Green and Yellow

Hello lovelies!

Super late post tonight but I'm still on time with the challenge! I've only had two days of classes but it's pretty much already gotten a bit crazy. Yay! I'm still here though!

So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, yellow, green, spots, hey darling polish, zoya, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, pattern, freehand

I'm still like half asleep right now, so I don't even know what to say here. I took a "nap" after my studio class this morning and was in such a deep sleep that I couldn't remember what day it was when I woke up. So, I mean, there's that.




nails, nail art, nail polish, yellow, green, spots, hey darling polish, zoya, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, pattern, freehand

Here's what I used:


I came cross this pattern designed by Ashley Goldberg while searching through Pinterest, one of my go-to procrastination moves. I just noticed that I have over 700 patterns pinned to that board...wow. And yet most of the time I can't find anything on it that I want to paint on my nails haha. Womp womp.

nails, nail art, nail polish, yellow, green, spots, hey darling polish, zoya, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, pattern, freehand

This look started with two or three coats of Pippa. I then used my striping brush to paint on some random blobs with Tilda, which was followed by a layer of HK Girl. After that I dried, I went in with my acrylic paint and detail brush to add all the little dots. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, yellow, green, spots, hey darling polish, zoya, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, pattern, freehand

These nails were fun to wear! The bright colors kept a smile on my face even though it's freezing outside. This is another design that is pretty easy to recreate on both hands, just be careful not to go cross-eyed from all of the little dots (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: