Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Glittery "Black And Blues"

Hello!

At this point, I've made it through the first half of my first week back to school! I don't have classes on Wednesdays but I do have club meetings. I'm sure I'll dedicate my time on Wednesdays split between the blog and homework (aka blogging > homework)! 

Let's get to the nails now!


I really enjoyed wearing these nails! I want to make more attempts at skittle manicures, I always come up with ideas but they don't always turn out how I envisioned. This one makes me happy though!

More after the jump!




I combined a few different techniques for these. For the index and middle fingers, I sponged on glitter for a glitter gradient (except I think it was a little too dense, but it still looks nice). On the ring finger, I used striping tape to get the lines. I love the crisp lines you can create with striping tape but it's such a pain to cut all the strips and place them. Ugh. Haha. Finally, the pinky finger just has a rhinestone placed on it!

Here's what I used:

Sinful Colors Endless Blue has to be my favorite blue ever! It's so bright and bold, I've already used at least 1/4th of the bottle and I basically just bought it. I also used a holo for this! I'm honestly not really a huge fan of holos, I just don't understand all the hype. Oh well, but I do actually like this holo. It looks black in my photos but it's actually a really, really dark purple with a faint, scattered holo. I think I like holos with scattered holos instead of linear ones. I'll have to experiment (;



As you can tell, these nails were done back when I was at home. Thank you sunlight for nice photos (: I love the look of these nails, I think the colors look great together. Which reminds me that I have a shirt in these colors.....I know what I'm wearing to class tomorrow! Haha (:

What do you think of these nails? Do you think this is a "cohesive" skittles mani? Let me know!

And today's song:

We Are The In Crowd - Attention

Have a wonderful day!

-Marisa! (:


5 comments: