Friday, August 16, 2013

Yellow + Blue = Green plus Polka Dots

Here's my first actual nail post! Gahh, scary! (: Here we go:

For my first post, I decided to do a gradient with polka dots! Easy to do but I always love the results, there are so many color combinations that can be done! More after the jump!



I did these nails by painting my base color, I used 3 thin coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear: Mellow Yellow. After that dried, I took a makeup sponge and painted stripes of Mellow Yellow and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear: Blue Me Away! on it, making sure to overlap them slightly. I then sponged it onto my nails until I liked the results and repeated on all my nails. Once that had dried, I used my dotting tool and made the dots with Sinful Colors: Amethyst. I sealed everything with a coat of Seche Vite. It sounds more complicated than it really is haha!

I also created a little bottle shot "guide":

Mini story behind the post title: my original idea was a yellow and blue gradient with the blue being really vibrant against the slightly paler yellow. Well, I forgot how bright Mellow Yellow actually is and that when you mix yellow and blue together, you get green! Haha you would think being a Graphic Design major, that I would be able to remember basic color theory. Oh well, I still love the outcome. Here's some more pictures:

Would you rock this mani? Let me know in the comments!

Also, I thought it might be fun if I included a song at the end of very post that I was listening to while writing each post or that I just really like. I don't know, let me know what you think about the idea below! I'll do it until someone says they don't like it haha!

Lydia- It's In Your Blood

Lastly, thank you for taking the time to read this! I'll have more posts coming up next week as I try to get myself onto a blogging schedule. 


-Marisa (:






2 comments: