This is my first attempt at watercolor nails and I loved the results! You'll definitely see more of these in the future. More after the jump:
These were actually a lot easier to do than I thought, here's a little step-by-step:
- Apply your base coat (I used OPI's - Matte Nail Envy)
- Paint your nails white for your base (I used 2 coats of New York Color's - French White Tips), allow to dry
- Next, paint on a few blobs of any polish you want
- Dip a fluffy brush (I knew those expensive paint brushes I bought for school would come in handy again!) into acetone and lightly dab it onto the blob until the color spreads
- Repeat the last 2 steps with whatever colors you'd like
- Seal with topcoat (I used Seche Vite) and clean up
Okay, that was a little lengthy but you get it! Here's what I used:
And some more manicure shots (sorry my cuticles are a little rough, my job is kind of rough on my nails)
I can't decide whether my middle finger or my ring finger is my favorite. I love how every nail looks different but the overall look is cohesive.
What do you think? Would you try these nails? Let me know in the comments!
And here's this post's song:
Belle Histoire - My Dear