Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge: Drippy Drip

Hello!

Have you guys gotten sick of me yet? Haha! I'm back today with my 2nd manicure for this month's Tri-Polish Challenge! This month's colors are lilac, pink, and blue! Here's a link to The Crumpet's original post that explains the rules: here.

On to the nails!


Slime drips or ice cream drips or whatever kind of drips you want them to be! (:

More after the jump:





I'm kind of iffy about these nails. I love the look of drip nails but I still need to work on my execution of them. I was a little sloppy here but I actually really love the way the pink polish looks. Is that considered a jelly? I think it took 2 thicker coats to be opaque but it looks squishy! And I like "squishies"! (I want to watch Finding Nemo now!)

Here's my 3 polishes:

The directions for these are pretty easy, even though mine turned out wonky. I just painted my base coat, then used a dotting tool to make dots, and then painted like a french tip and connected the dots to it. You kind of have to "stylize" the connection to make it look drippy, but these are WAY better than my first attempt (we won't relive those days). 



Yay, half way through my first challenge. Small victory! (:

What do you think of these nails? Do you like drip manicures? Ice cream or slime? 

Today's song:

William Beckett - Benny & Joon

I hope you enjoyed this post!

-Marisa (:








2 comments:

  1. So lovely drops! I love this design, it goes to my wishlist of Nail Art to Recreate. We're partners at the TPC so I'll stay tuned for your news.
    A big hug,
    Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! It really is a great design. I can't wait to see what you do! (:

      Delete