Monday, September 30, 2013

33 Day Challenge - Day 4: Tribal


 Hello lovelies!

It's Monday, ugh, but that means that I'm back with my manicure for day 4 of the 33 Day Challenge! Hopefully this week will fly by so that I can actually sleep, I was busy all weekend and had to be up early both days. Also, I randomly woke up at 8am on a Saturday morning with no alarm clock. How does that even happen?! And I pulled an all-nighter last night! I've had a huge project that has been taking up so much time, I decided that I was going to stay up and just finish the whole thing because I'm tired of looking at it! I just want it to be 5pm so I can take a nap haha.

Anyways, I ranted whoops, on to the nails!


Today's prompt was tribal nails! A first for Hey, Darling Polish! I'm actually pretty happy with how these came out considering that it was my first attempt.

More after the jump:



Here's what I used:

I kept these pretty simple since I've never attempted tribal nails before. I painted China Glaze's Secret Peri-Wink-Le as my base and sponged on a gradient with Essie's Butler Please. (I love this color!). I then freehanded on the tribal with my cut down detail brush! 



I actually had ordered a new set of nail art brushes for detailed stuff and unfortunately they arrived the day after I painted these (my life haha). But I'm really happy with how these came out!


And that wraps up day 4 of the 33 Day Challenge! Woo! I can't wait to see everyones' nails! (: 

Have you ever attempted tribal nails before? Thoughts on these nails? Let me know!

Today's song:
The Academy Is... - Same Blood

*insert crying over this band* );

Upcoming prompts:

 Enjoy your day! (:

-Marisa (:



3 comments:

  1. This is so nice! I love how you've added a gradient underneath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I agree, I love the tribal design on the gradient! Blue always seems to go so well with tribal print for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete