Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My First Successful Stamping Manicure!

Hello lovelies!

Today is probably my least favorite day of the week! Yay. I'm running on no sleep and get to spend my day between class and shooting video for a project. But I'm really excited about these nails, so I'm just going to get right into the post!

Nails! Yay!


I STAMPED! You made me stamp, guys! (And that was my attempt at a bad Finding Nemo/nail art pun for a joke....ha....ha...meh). 

ANYWHO! More after the jump:



I have never been able to successfully stamp before but I recently bought some new plates from bornprettystore and I was able to make them work! You can find this plate here. I think my failures may be a combination of me not having proper stamping polish and the plates I had were cheap, random plates I found on eBay. Oh well, I did it! (:

Here's what I used:

This manicure starting off as my attempt at a 3 color gradient, I had never done one before and there's one coming up in the 33 Day Challenge, so I wanted to try it out. I think my gradient turned out decent. The two China Glaze's kind of just blended together but I think you can tell that there are 3 colors there. I used Sinful Colors Black On Black to stamp the bows with (randomly where ever I could get them, whoops). And topped it off with China Glaze's Fairy Dust. It attacked again, whoops (:




I'm so happy with the way these nails came out, I was so sad when I had to take them off to do my nails for the challenge. This makes me want to work on my stamping skills now!

Have you ever tried stamping before? Or do you prefer free-handing? Let me know!

Today's song:
We Are The In Crowd (feat. Alex Gaskarth) - Kiss Me Again

Enjoy your Tuesday! I'll be off attempting to shoot video for a project, ugh. I've never actually shot video before sooo....yeah. Haha!

-Marisa (:







2 comments: