Wednesday, October 9, 2013

33 Day Challenge - Day 8: Chevrons

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with a quick post of day 8 of the 33 Day Challenge. Sorry about the quick posts lately but here's a run down of how my day went yesterday (Tuesday):
  • Pulled an all-nighter doing homework
  • Took a midterm that I studied for 30 minutes before the exam
  • Did my homework for my 3rd class, during the class
  • Left directly from class to head to the airport 
  • Sat at the airport for an hour
  • Flew 2 and 1/2 hours from Albany to Chicago
  • Sat in the Chicago airport for 3 hours
  • Flew an hour from Chicago to Minneapolis
  • Took a light rail train for almost a half hour
  • Then walked 8 blocks to the hotel
It's 1:45am as I write this post, and I have to be up at 7am to get ready for my first day of volunteering. In the past 60 hours, I've gotten 3 hours of sleep. My apologies if I'm being a little cranky but my body is getting to the point where its like shutting down.

But anyways, PRETTY NAIL


Chevrons and indie polish! Woo!

More after the jump:



Here's what I used:

The indie is Love, Angeline's Tea'lite. I bought this polish a while ago and just really wanted to use it so I did! It's a beautiful, white base filled with aqua hexes and white squares. My only issue with this polish is that are a ton of glitters compared to the base, I only used 2 coats and the entire nail is almost all glitter. Regardless, I really love the color of this polish.


For the chevrons, I made little decals from tape and used them just like striping tape. I actually don't own craft scissors so I painstakingly cut each individual chevron with my x-acto knife (have I mentioned that I think I have some sort of joint problem in my right hand? Hahaha whoops).


I loved the contrast of these nails and I think it was a nice integration of an indie polish and nail art!

What do you think of these nails? Do you like indies and nail art together? Let me know!

Upcoming prompts"

Today's song:
The Hush Sound - Lighthouse

Sorry again for my weird blogging lately, but things should be back together soon! I just need to get some sleep and to be back from this trip haha. Downtown Minneapolis is super beautiful though and our hotel is stunning! Ugh, I want to move here now!

-Marisa (:









4 comments: