Monday, October 28, 2013

33 Day Challenge - Day 16: South America

Hello lovelies!

*Insert compliant about it being Monday* You all knew that was coming! I might be Monday but I finally feel better! I had to cancel my plans for the weekend but I spent my time painting my nails and trying to get ahead on homework. So, it was a decent weekend. I hope you had a good one! I'm back today with day 16 of the 33 Day Challenge! And I'm super excited about these nails! So no more talking!

Eek, nails!


I'm so happy with these nails, you have absolutely no idea!

More after the jump:




I had no idea what to do for this prompt and this is actually my 2nd attempt at it. I based these off this picture here. Those women seem so happy, it makes me smile haha. I'm glad I decided to redo these because I was really proud of these. I actually wore them for like 3 days, which is highly unusual for me!

Here's what I used:

I started these by painting a base of white polish and then freehanded the yellow, pink, and purple stripes. Once that dried, I laid down striping tape and painted over them with the black, red, and green polishes.  Once that dried, I went back in with my detail brush and freehanded the white and yellow lines. My pinky finger is just two coats of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl with some triangles painted on top to show the triangles on the women's hats!



These nails probably took me the longest time I've spent on one manicure in a while. It's nice when I can finally get a small break from school work to paint something I'm proud of, but that doesn't really happen to often anymore /: 

Do these read as South American nails to you? What would you have done? Let me know!

Today's song:
Panic! At The Disco - This Is Gospel

I hope you enjoyed reading! Have a nice day!

-Marisa! (:

FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVININSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TUMBLR | TWITTER | ETSY

Also, has everyone seen the press release for KBShimmer's Winter Collection! Check here and here! SWOON, PLEASE TAKE ALL MY MONEY! I think it's time I stock up on some top coat (;




4 comments:

  1. Very colourful! I like your ring finger and pinky best. The triangles do fit the blog as well *winks*
    Oh... and I loooove the video... *must hear more*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I do love my triangles (: And yes!!! Panic! at the Disco is one of my favorite bands!!!<3

      Delete
    2. I've now heard/seen most of their official videos on youtube (and then jumped to Paramore and Christina Perri)... like them a lot!

      Delete
    3. Oh yay, that makes me so happy! Paramore is my favorite band!

      Delete