Friday, October 18, 2013

33 Day Challenge - Day 12: Pattern In Your Home

Hello lovelies!

Fun fact! This is my 50th post! Holy poop, that came around quickly haha! But I'm back today with day 12 of the 33 Day Challenge! I can't tell if this challenge is flying by or dragging on haha. I've been feeling a little "nail art tired out" but I'm getting back on my game! It might just be because I'm struggling with the Europe prompt that's coming up.....anyone want to help an American gal out? (;

Anyways, it's Friday, I'm happy, on to today's nails!!


I painted a tissue box pattern on my nails! Woo! Tissues! I think I did these while I was really sick so I suppose it was fitting at the time haha.

More after the jump:



Here's what I used:

Do you want to hear something kind of sad? These are the only brown, creme nail polishes I own.... I think I have like 1 brown holo and that's about it. I always thought brown was so boring but I actually like wearing it on my nails. I can see a shopping trip coming up soon (; (only if I stop stockpiling on the indie polishes, whoops).


I probably should have taken a picture of the tissue box with the nails.....that would have been smart ha ha haha ha oh. Uhm, well, here's a link to them! The middle box! I did these by using the watercolor method with all the browns and then painted the swirls on with white! 

These nails reminded my roommates and I of coffee which is probably why I liked them so much haha. I might have a slight coffee addiction, and by slight I mean like at least 3-4 cups a day at a minimum. 

Anywho, what do you think of these nails? Coffee or tissue box nails? Thoughts?

Upcoming prompts:

Today's song:
Fall Out Boy - Where Did The Party Go?

Thanks for reading!

-Marisa! (:







6 comments:

  1. wow. So lovely. how you did your base?!? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's the watercolor nail technique! I love it! All you do is paint your base color, typically white, and let it dry. Then dab on random blobs of other colors, and when it's still wet, dip a fluffy brush in acetone and dab it on the polish till it spreads! Keep layering on the colors until there is no more white! I could do a tutorial if you'd like! Let me know (:

      Delete
    2. I would love the tutorial :D I will enjoy learning new technique. I am still amazed with the base you did (:

      Delete
  2. Oh and Congratulations on your 50th post :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!!! The background is soooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm telling ya, watercolor nails are where it's at! haha (:

      Delete