Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge: Dotty Stripes

Hello lovelies!

Okay, so before we get into today's post, I just want to tell a little story. I hope you don't mind. Yesterday I went to the mall by myself, blah blah blah, cool. But when I got back on campus, I accidentally hit someone's car and knocked their side view mirror so hard that it was dangling. I didn't know what to do so I called my dad and walked back to the car, leaving my name and number. Turns out the guy is a professor at my school and it's his sons car (who was using something to hold the mirror on). He told me that he appreciated my honesty and not to worry about it. He also told me that he's an attorney and that if I ever needed anything in the future to give him a call. The second we got off the phone, I started crying so hard and shaking. I've never hit another car before and was so scared that it was going to be a mean person and that I was going to have to pay for them to fix it. This just proves to me that there are still genuinely nice people still in the world and that not everything sucks. I'm still shaking as I type this and I apologize for this long intro but I'm so grateful to this man. I want to make him a card or send him something, anyone have any ideas?

Sorry about that, but I just needed to get that out. But today is the beginning of the Tri-Polish Challenge! 

So ON TO THE NAILS!


Bright colors! Fall colors-ish! I don't really know what to say sooooo....

More after the jump!




This month's colors are yellow, orange, and green. Here's what I chose:

For anyone who doesn't know the rules of the Tri-Polish Challenge, I'm just going to link to Debbie's original post about the challenge. For my first manicure I followed this tutorial by Chalkboard Nails, LOVE HER BLOG. Excuse my fan-girl moment haha. This manicure was pretty easy but I rushed it and that's why mine is a little messy. I also had some air bubbles from my matte top coat too /:



I think if I hadn't rushed these nails, it would have been more successful but life happens. I'm also not sure why my middle finger ends on orange but the rest on green....whoops haha! I think this is actually the first time I've showed orange in a nail design since I've started the blog...weird haha.

Would you try these nails? Thoughts? Let me know!

Today's song:
Jack's Mannequin - Dark Blue

I hope you enjoyed these nails and are prepared for a week full of challenge nails! Also, do something nice for someone today! Go make someone smile! (:

-Marisa! (:







9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nail art and color combo. It's amazing how we always expect the worst but in the end most people are nice and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know! It's been so long since someone's actually proved that to me so it was a nice reminder to enjoy the world (:

      Delete
  2. *hugs* I think you can use those *nods*. I'm happy this awful experience had an ending with a nice twist. Your mani is quite striking, that green... gorgeous! And I do like today's song! *must investigate further*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the hugs! I appreciate this so much! I'm glad you like the song!! I didn't know if people actually listened to any of the music I put, but Jack's Mannequin is fantastic! (:

      Delete
  3. Cute mani! Sally Hansen Sun Kissed is one of my favorite polishes (and is my favorite orange polish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I only own a few orange polishes but Sun Kissed is one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous. Its looks like colorful wave :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! simply but so impressive;)
    I'm following you right now;)

    ReplyDelete