Thursday, January 15, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Green Base

Hello lovelies!

Happy Thursday! Why is it a happy Thursday? Because today is my last day of work before I go back to school, woo!

Anywho, let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, pattern, hey darling polish, delush polish, dandelions, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, indie polish, glitter

I'm in love with this green polish!




nails, nail art, nail polish, green, pattern, hey darling polish, delush polish, dandelions, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, indie polish, glitter

Here's what I used:


I received some polishes from Delush Polish as a Christmas present this year and I'm in awe of this brand. You can't really tell in the photo but their logo is printed in gold, and it looks so fancy on the bottles. I'm a sucker for nice packaging and these all came wrapped up in little pouches too, it was so cute!  This was my first time using any of the polishes and I think I'm in trouble because I loved it! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, pattern, hey darling polish, delush polish, dandelions, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, indie polish, glitter

These nails started with three coats of Misty Day. Then using my striping brush and white acrylic paint, I freehanded on the dandelions. I was using this pattern (which I think is a rug from Burke Decor) as my inspiration but mine turned out a bit different. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Gelous and HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, pattern, hey darling polish, delush polish, dandelions, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge, indie polish, glitter

Unfortunately, the green base bled into the white paint and turned my dandelions green when I added topcoat. I knew that I was going to be adding a layer of Gelous over this, so I decided to skip the in-between topcoat so that the polish wouldn't be too thick. I don't really mind the green dandelions but I completely forgot that this is actually something that can happen if you aren't careful. Whoops. I liked wearing these though! 


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: