Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ice Polish - Valentine's Day + Mardi Gras Nail Art

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with nail art that I did with the polishes that I reviewed yesterday from Ice Polish!

Let's get to the nails!





nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, valentines, do ya love me, pink, purple, holo, stars, pattern

Keeping the same order from yesterday, first up is Do Ya Love Me? I recently came across this pattern from the Paper and Cloth Design studio, and decided to use it as my inspiration. The shapes remind me of little stars!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, valentines, do ya love me, pink, purple, holo, stars, pattern

These nails started with two coats of Do Ya Love Me? and a layer of Glossy Glam. Then using acrylic paint and my detail brush, I added on the little pluses and dots. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, valentines, do ya love me, pink, purple, holo, stars, pattern

Next up is Shot Through The Heart.

shot through the heart, heart, purple, blue, glitter, nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish,

Just like everyone else in the nail polish community, I recently learned that wig glue can be used around your nails for easy clean up when doing watermarbles and gradients. I wanted to test this and see if it would work almost like a nail vinyl for nail art. The next two designs were my first attempts at trying it out!

shot through the heart, heart, purple, blue, glitter, nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish,

These nails started with two coats of China Glaze's At Vase Value, a layer of Shot Through The Heart, and a layer of Glossy Glam. When the polish was completely dry, I used a brush to paint on a heart shape with my wig glue. After the glue had dried, I added a layer of Zoya's Pinta over it and used tweezers to peel up the glue hearts. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam.

shot through the heart, heart, purple, blue, glitter, nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish,

Last up is Meow-di Gras!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, polka dots, glitter, meow-do gras

Again, I wanted to play with using the wig glue so I made polka dots this time. The glue isn't the best solution for this and I bet that nail vinyls would work better but I think with a little patience, this could easily become a cheaper option for nail art!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, polka dots, glitter, meow-do gras

This look started with two coats of China Glaze's Lotus Begin, one coat of Meow-di Gras, and a layer of Glossy Glam. I used the same wig glue and brush from the last manicure to randomly paint on some dots. Those were followed with a layer of Zoya's Natty. I peeled the dots off with tweezers and finished these with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, indie polish, polka dots, glitter, meow-do gras

Hopefully you guys liked today's post and this has given you some different ideas on how to wear your indies! I love the look that I did with Do Ya Love Me? and I can't wait to experiment more using the wig glue. For swatches of these polishes and purchasing information, check out yesterday's post or any of the links below:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: