Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Honor Nails You Love

Hello lovelies!

We've reached the final day of the 31 Day Challenge! Can you believe it?! Craziness! I'm always sad when a challenge comes to an end, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to getting back into my old blogging schedule.

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, hey darling polish, orange, grey, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

Brownie points if you can guess which blogger I paid "honor" to today!




nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, hey darling polish, orange, grey, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

Here's what I used:

Today's nails are inspired by Wondrously Polished! If having a crush on a blog is a normal thing, which I already know the answer to that is no, I would say that I have a crush on her blog! Her nail art is always so beautifully done, and I love the patterns she choses, and yeah....I have a tendency to get fan-girly about things. But I decided that I had to paint one of her floral designs so I chose this one!

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, hey darling polish, orange, grey, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

These nails started with three coats of My Vampire Is Buff and a layer of HK Girl. Then using the acrylic paint and my detail brush, I painted the flowers on. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, hey darling polish, orange, grey, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

I loved these so much! I mean it's floral, a weird color combination, and inspired by Wondrously Polished. Can't beat that!


And I guess now the 2014 31 Day Challenge is officially over for me! Definitely giving myself a pat on the back for keeping up with this with all of my school work haha. Thanks for reading guys! 

-Marisa! (:







32 comments:

  1. These are so cute & the colors together are so wonderful for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani! It reminds me of Autumn themed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute floral nails these are! Congrats on finishing the challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern you created! And the colours, too. I am officially in a Fall-ish mood and those are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute and I'm not going to guess at which blogger you are paying honor to, but they are like Halloween flowers. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this mani so much!! I could tell from the thumbnail pic that this was Wondrously Polished-inspired... I totally fangirl over her floral manis too! You did an amazing job, and I love how fall-appropriate it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Loved the original, love your recreation. Perfect colors for the start of October as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recreation! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pattern + colours = autumnal perfection

    Wow, see what you did there? You reached mathematical cumulative art abilities. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 1, 2014 at 6:31 PM

    very pretty! I love your homage :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I love these flowers so hard. Having a crush on a blog is totally normal, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is perfect for Fall! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore her blog too and you did this recreation major justice!! This is such a warm and cozy print and those little blooms are just darling!! Congratulations on finishing up the 31DC!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Your free hand is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these flowers and the color combo. She does the most amazing stuff, I totally have a crush on her nail art (if that is possible).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha isn't she amazing! I'm constantly in awe of her work! Thank you so much (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha oh man, I haven't taken a math class in years! Art school problems? Haha thank you so much! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha I'm glad that it's not totally weird! Thank you so much (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of her work is so amazing! Thank you so much! (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha yes, I totally agree! She's fantastic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete