Wednesday, October 15, 2014

N.A.I.L Linkup: October - Favorite Indie

Hello lovelies!

Today's post is going to be quick because I need to go to bed! 

So, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, lucky 13 lacquer, l13l, clouds, hey darling polish, naillinkup, pattern

I have no idea why I wanted clouds on my nails but I did, so now I have cloud nail art to show you guys (:




nails, nail art, nail polish, lucky 13 lacquer, l13l, clouds, hey darling polish, naillinkup, pattern

Here's what I used:

This week's theme for the N.A.I.L. was our favorite indie. There's absolutely no way that I could ever pick a favorite indie polish because they're all so pretty! So, I decided that I would chose a favorite indie brand and then just a random polish from there.  I ended up doing with with Lucky 13 Lacquer (who just made an Instagram....btw) and I picked out You Can't Take The Sky From Me because it was an untried. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, lucky 13 lacquer, l13l, clouds, hey darling polish, naillinkup, pattern

These nails started with three coats of YCTTKFM. Or maybe two? I honestly don't remember, whoops! Then using the detail brush and the acrylic paint, I freehanded on the clouds. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, lucky 13 lacquer, l13l, clouds, hey darling polish, naillinkup, pattern

I feel like these nails are backwards....if the sky was dark, then the clouds would be dark....but if it was sunny out and rainy, the sky would be bright and the clouds would still be dark? Maybe? My mom said these looked like a cow so there's that. At least the polish is pretty!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






40 comments:

  1. Hmm, I was going for the same fave indie brand (can't pick one polish either)... haven't decided which one it'll be though. I do like your clouds, and that pretty shimmer trying to peep through ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That base color is pretty and love the cute clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a browncoat so I love the name of that polish, haha. This design is really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the base color! I need to get some Lucky 13, I live really close to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That base color is gorgeous! I don't own any Lucky 13s... maybe that needs to change. And I really like the clouds :) Your mom is funny - cows lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! It kinda makes no sense, but I love it all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That glitter is beautiful! I don't own any of this brand yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute! My clouds always come out wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 16, 2014 at 10:03 AM

    fall clouds! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clouds always make for a cute nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The clouds are cute and I love that they are on a glittery polish

    ReplyDelete
  12. the glitters look like little rain drops among the clouds! So cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha cow, clouds, either way they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack!! This one is so PERDY and I love the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh gotta love this! Looks like an easy nail art for someone as dumb as I am, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's best to just pick one at random because it's way too hard to pick a favorite! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh, I have to admit, I had no idea what fandom this was inspired by because I bought it from a blog sale but now I know, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Her polishes are awesome! She even has a hot fudge scented quick drying topcoat, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes! That needs to change soon! Haha thank you! And yeah, my mom's a funny one... :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I know, I didn't think this one through. Oh well, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww I'm sure they don't look wonky! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey joli ce vernis ! encore une marque inconnue =)
    j'aime beaucoup tes petits nuages !
    bises

    ReplyDelete
  23. This mani really caught my eye - it's so very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete