Tuesday, October 28, 2014

52 Week Challenge: 80s Stars

Hello lovelies!

It's Tuesday! Woo? Yeah, this is totally one of those weeks that I can't wait to be over. Too much stuff going on all at once, blah, at least today's nail art is colorful!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, stars, 80s, hey darling polish, pattern, 52 week challenge

Who can guess what I was inspired by for today's nail art?




nails, nail art, nail polish, stars, 80s, hey darling polish, pattern, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:

Do you guys guess those Glow-In-The-Dark star "stickers" that you stick up on the ceiling? Like these ones? Because that's what they are haha! For some reason these came up in my search for 80s inspiration but I remember growing up with these things and all my friends had them too, and we weren't born until the early 90s....so maybe? Not really sure haha.

nails, nail art, nail polish, stars, 80s, hey darling polish, pattern, 52 week challenge

Anyways, these nails started with two coats of 4 In The Morning. Then using Pinta and Ryan, I sponged on some splotches for some more color but you couldn't really see it in person or on camera. When the base was dry, I used the acrylic paint and detail brush to paint the base of the stars. Which I then painted over with the other polishes. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, stars, 80s, hey darling polish, pattern, 52 week challenge

Inspired by the 80s or not, I thought these were super cute! Surprisingly, they didn't take to long to paint either which is always nice. Hopefully you guys enjoyed these nails!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





4 comments:

  1. I like them, and having been a kid in the 80's... I know I didn't have them, but I'm not sure if they didn't exist back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm thinking they might be more of a 90's thing. Whoops haha!

    ReplyDelete