Tuesday, October 7, 2014

52 Week Challenge: 3 Color Gradient with Pink

Hello lovelies!

So, guess who fell asleep last night while reading for class? This girl! Which is why this post is up later than normal, oh well. 

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, gradient, sunset, fireflies, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, free hand

Brownie points to whoever can guess whose nail art I recreated for today!




nails, nail art, nail polish, gradient, sunset, fireflies, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, free hand

Here's what I used:

If you guessed Chalkboard Nails, you win brownie points! I wish brownie points could be used to buy polish....some of you guys would be rolling in it haha. Anyways, I needed to incorporate pink into this week's 52W challenge post and I'm not huge fan of pink polish but her firefly and night sky nail art seemed like a good way to use it. And plus, it was adorable to wear!

nails, nail art, nail polish, gradient, sunset, fireflies, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, free hand

Sarah did a great job of explaining these nails in her post but I'll just run through it quick. I started with two coats of Pure Ice's Jail Bait. Then using my makeup sponge, I sponged on the three color gradient. When the gradient dried, I used my striping brush and Black Out to add on the grass. The little firefly lights were done using the "bubble technique" and acrylic paint. Check out Sarah's tutorial for a quick little video on how to do that. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, gradient, sunset, fireflies, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, free hand
I thought these were so cute! My colors are a little darker than the original because Pure Ice's Speechless and Drive Me Crazy are more jelly-like but I like how they sponged on. The bubble technique was really fun too so I'm excited to experiment with that more!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






28 comments:

  1. This is pretty! Those fireflies look so good against the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on these! I love them on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so dreamy! Speaking of dreams...my husband falls asleep more often than not when he's reading his textbooks. Something tells me that's a common thing to do! Oh right...nails. I loooove these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! A midsummer night dream mani I would call it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownie points for polish? Ummm, yes please! :) I think you did a great job recreating this look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! You did a great job recreating it and I really love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I love the colors and it looks a lot like the original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely, the fireflies make it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so gorgeous! I actually just saw fireflies in person for the first time ever this past July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Haha I've done that before with my art history textbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha doesn't that sound like a great idea?! Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I went 'ooh' when I saw Chalkboard Nails' version and did the same for yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha oh yay!! That just made my night, thank you!!<3

    ReplyDelete