Wednesday, October 22, 2014

N.A.I.L Linkup: October - Pumpkins

Hello lovelies!

I actually have Halloween nail art for you guys this year! Hopefully you guys aren't sick of Halloween designs yet because I have a bunch to share with you all this week.

So, let's get to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, pumpkins, halloween, hey darling polish, nail linkup, naillinkup

Sparkly pumpkins, ohhhh spooky!.....kinda....




nails, nail art, nail polish, pumpkins, halloween, hey darling polish, nail linkup, naillinkup

Here's what I used:

The inspiration for today's nail art comes from such a random place haha. I came across this tutorial for children on how to make a pumpkin stamp out of a toilet paper roll, and I liked how the stamp look so it ended up on my nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, pumpkins, halloween, hey darling polish, nail linkup, naillinkup

These nails started with two coats of Black Out followed by a later of Fairy Dust. The using my detail brush and orange paint I added on the pumpkins. I found it easier to paint the outside circle than add the inner lines. This was followed by a little leaf (yeah, you can't see them but they are there) and the stem. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, pumpkins, halloween, hey darling polish, nail linkup, naillinkup

The layer of Fairy Dust wasn't my original plan for these nails but it just happened to be sitting on my desk and it's been a while since I've used so that's how we ended up with sparkly pumpkins today haha. I finally put my second melmer together two night ago (I've had it for close to a month) and I reorganized all my polishes, so now I can actually find what I'm looking for. Sorting through everything reminded me of polishes that haven't seen daylight in a while either so I'm hoping to break out more of those pretties soon too!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







27 comments:

  1. Really ute pumpkins. I also saw that tutorial but never thought to make it work for a manicure. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM

    these pumpkins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute Halloween mani! I like the addition of the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah!! So cute! I am loving these pumpkins and the Fairy Dust was a good call :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background reminds me of space so I like to think of this mani as PUMPKINS IN SPACE. I love it. Sorry I'm weirding out all over your comments section!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute simple pumpkins those are. It stands out against the dark base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute. I love how easy these look and I bet that I could even do them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you painted these pumpkins!! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute pumpkins! Perfect background too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matte-ing (yep) this is EVERYTHING! It almost looks like the pumpkins were falling through a twinkling sky and then froze mid-fall. I LOVE IT! Super cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pumpkins, and I giggled at the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I love the hand painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aweee I love the pumpkins!! They are super pretty and remind me of comics (cartoons?) designs!

    ReplyDelete