Monday, October 6, 2014

Line Art Part Two

Hello lovelies!

Hopefully you all had a lovely weekend! I'm working on getting back into my old blogging schedule which means that Mondays are "do whatever I want days!" 

So, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, lines, zoya yuna, grey, hey darling polish, freehand

I haven't written a non-challenge post in so long...I don't know what to say...uhhh...these are nice!




nails, nail art, nail polish, lines, zoya yuna, grey, hey darling polish, freehand

Here's what I used:

Can we just take a minute to appreciate how amazing Zoya's Yuna is? Zoya killed it with their Ignite collection. I bought Yuna, Remy, and Sansa and they've just been sitting on my desk unused for like a week but I'm fixing that this week! I might be wearing Sansa as I type this which means you'll probably see it later in the week hehe (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, lines, zoya yuna, grey, hey darling polish, freehand

These nails started with two coats of Yuna. Then using my small striping brush and the various other polishes, I just freehanded on the dashes randomly. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.


nails, nail art, nail polish, lines, zoya yuna, grey, hey darling polish, freehand

If you've been reading Hey, Darling Polish for a while then this design might look familiar because I recreated these nails that I did back in March. It's kind of fun going back through your old designs and re-doing them! It's a little painful on the eyes because you have to look at all the old photography and nail painting mistakes you used to make but this design was worth it to me haha (:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:


28 comments:

  1. Love these and how simple they are! I might have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani is gorgeous! I love the pop of bright teal & lighter neutral colors over Yuna. And Yuna is just plain yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Yuna is a great base with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful mani! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I know what you mean about having to go back and look at old photos, but it also shows you how far you have come! These are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM

    I love this look! I may have to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Yuna!! Love this design as well... very light speed effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyday is 'do whatever i want day' in my blog :p haha
    This for some reason reminds me of sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I wouldn't have thought to put these colors together but they go so well! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh can't wait to see Sansa! I snagged all but one of the polishes from the ignite collection and was floored how pretty they are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it simple yet effective. I can completely understand not knowing what to write in a post, I go through that at least monthly. I always fear that I start to sound like a broken record and want to mix things up, yet there are only so many ways to describe a formula.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple yet stunning. Perfect and I really like the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I really like how these colours work together, and I really need to get my hands on some of the new Zoya's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should! They're really easy to do (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Haha that's the motivation to keep going, right? I just came across a photo from 2012 before I had the blog and that one is horrifying haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha that sounds like fun! I like taking part in all the different challenges but sometimes it's nice to just have one day to myself (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe it's so pretty! The whole collection was great but I only bought Remy, Yuna, and Sansa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I couldn't agree more with you! Sometimes it's so frustrating too haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually like this recreation better, these colours work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do too! These colors play nicer together for me!

    ReplyDelete