Friday, October 17, 2014

Indie Fridays!: Fandom Cosmetics - Wit And Learning + Daring, Nerve, And Chivalry

Hello lovelies!

Super late post tonight, whoops! But I was too excited to get this up for it to wait till the morning. Does anyone remember when I used to do my little Indie Fridays's series? No? Yeah, probably because I haven't done one of these posts since August....but it's back and I'm continuing on with review of my polishes from Fandom Cosmetics. Here are the links to parts one, two, and three.

But for today, onto the nails!

I'm wrapping up my Harry Potter polishes tonight!




nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, wit and learning, blue, hey darling polish, ravenclaw

I'm not exactly sure how helpful this review will be for you guys because I've had these photos done since August and I forgot to take notes when swatching, but I'll do my best to remember about each polish. First up today, is the Ravenclaw inspired polish, Wit And Learning! I know that I layered one to two coat(s) of this over another blue, I just don't remember which one....my best guess would be Revlon's Indigo Night.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, wit and learning, blue, hey darling polish, ravenclaw

I do remember that when I first tried this polishes out, I wasn't all that impressed but looking at these photos now almost 4 months later, I like this! I wish that I was able to get more of the bronze and silver glitter out but it's a lovely shade of blue when layered.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, wit and learning, blue, hey darling polish, ravenclaw

Next up is, Daring, Nerve, And Chivalry!

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, daring nerve and chivalry, red, hey darling polish, gryffindor

For these swatches, I'm showing you guys one to two coats of DNAC layered over OPI's My Vampire Is Buff? Or Zoya's Taylor? Man, I don't remember. I know that I couldn't find a polish to match the base so I went with a neutral just to cover VNL. These two polishes were sheer and would require a few coats to build up.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, daring nerve and chivalry, red, hey darling polish, gryffindor

This was another one that I wasn't super impressed with when I first wore it but I think its really great for some Autumn nails. The little gold shimmer in the darker base is really what is making me love this polish right now, it's so pretty!

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, fandom cosmetics, daring nerve and chivalry, red, hey darling polish, gryffindor

And here's the nail art that I did using both polishes!

nails, nail art, fandom cosmetics, zig zags, hey darling polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, indie

This kind of helps show you how sheer Wit And Learning is. I'm not sure how well these two polishes work together but the final look is kind of cool!

nails, nail art, fandom cosmetics, zig zags, hey darling polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, indie

These nails started my original swatch of DNAC, so either two coats of Zoya's Taylor or three coats of OPI's My Vampire Is Buff followed by a layer or two of DNAC. I'm going to assume that I added a layer of HK Girl? Then placed some zig zag Nail Vinyls and layered a coat of Wit And Learning over it, followed by another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, fandom cosmetics, zig zags, hey darling polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, indie

Here are some macros:


I actually don't know if these polishes are still available to buy or not because Fandom Cosmetics store is set to maintenance mode until the 22nd but I don't remember seeing anything about them being discontinued. I do know that the other two polishes in the Harry Potter collection retailed for $8.95 for a full sized bottle or you could buy the set for $32.50. Here are some of the links for when the shop opens back up:


Hopefully you guys are happy to see this series back! I have so many more indies to work through and show you guys. Thanks for reading!

-Marisa! (:










16 comments:

  1. Daring Nerve and Chivalry is a great looking fall polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DNaC looks like it would work well for a leaf-inspired fall mani. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are nice! Really like the nail art you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the chevrons you did with both the polishes! And I always enjoy a blog series on indies 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say these are to my taste but I love the nail art you did with them, they look really fun that way! And yay harry potter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! That BLUE! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha yay! I'm excited to start this one back up. I have so many polishes to try and show everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the little circle glitters in Wit and Learning!! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete