Friday, July 11, 2014

Indie Fridays!: Fandom Cosmetics - Don't Skip Nine + Geronimo

Ello!

I'm back with an Indie Fridays post! Surprise! It's actually on a Friday! And I think I've already hit my exclamation point limit for this post....!!!

Last week I showed you guys my one and only Bliss Polish, and this week I'll be beginning to show you all my Fandom Cosmetics polishes starting with the "It's Bigger On The Inside" collection!

*All swatches shown with 1 coat of HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat

Onto the nails...!
don't skip nine, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,

First up is Don't Skip Nine!




don't skip nine, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,

Don't Skip Nine is a clear based glitter topper with silver, black, blue, and fuchsia hex glitters. This is 1 coat over Sally Hansen's Statemint. The glitters do come out of the bottle easily but it did require a bit of manipulating to get the glitters to spread evenly around the nail. 

don't skip nine, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,

When I first saw this polish, I wasn't super impressed. All of the glitters are the same size and I thought it would be boring on the nail but I actually really like it! The glitters are really fun and the colors really pop against the base color I chose. This polish is inspired by the 9th Doctor, which is where I started watching Doctor Who! Does this mean I formed a weird attachment to the polish since it's tied to the man who started my Doctor Who obsession?......uhhhh, yup!

Anywho, next up is Geronimo!
geronimo, 11th doctor, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,

Geronimo is another clear based glitter topper but this one is filled with red, green, and bronze hexes in various sizes. I'm showing you guys 1 coat over Zoya Pippa. Just like Don't Skip Nine, this did require a bit of manipulating to spread the glitters but I found this polish easier to work with. I found it easiest to dab a bunch of glitters on and then use the brush to push them around. The glitters like the brush so avoid using too many brushstrokes. 

geronimo, 11th doctor, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,
I'm sure you guys have figured out what this collection is all about and could take a good guess at who this polish was created for. But if you don't know the series, this is inspired by 11th Doctor! According to the Fandom Cosmetics site this is inspired by his sonic screwdriver and bow tie but all I can see is Christmas. Either way, I think this polish is interesting and I like it! I'm a fan of the 11th Doctor too but I haven't watched his last season yet....whoops....

geronimo, 11th doctor, nails, nail polish, indie polish, swatch, fandom cosmetics, hey darling polish, swatch, doctor who, glitter,

Here are some macros:

This collection is reminding me that I need to get caught up with the last season before the show starts up again! Both of these polishes are available to purchase for $8.95 a bottle or you can buy the whole collection for $32.50! Here are some links:


Here's another song for today:
And Then There Were None - Insozzz...

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









6 comments:

  1. Both glitters are really nice! I like that there kind of sparse on the nails because you can see each glitter piece better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I desperately want to pick up these polishes for no reason other than their names? I. Must. Resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine was my first Doctor as well. And you still haven't watched the last season? You best hurry because the next season will start August 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that too! Normally, i love glitter bombs but these are refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha resistance is useless! Buy the polish (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been marathoning Criminal Minds when I have the time. I have a weird issue about stopping in the middle of a series to watch another! I don't know why but once I finish CM, I'll get caught up!

    ReplyDelete