Saturday, July 26, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Outdoors

Hello lovelies!

The OMD2 challenge is back and today we're posting our outdoors nails! Or kind of outdoorsy/semi-inspired by the outdoors/maybe, I don't know.

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, mountains, graphic nail art, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

See, outdoorsy! Right? Or maybe a very minimalistic idea of the outdoors (;




nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, mountains, graphic nail art, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

Here's what I used:

I'm using the name of this polish as another tie to the nature theme. This was another recent addition to my stash from a destash sale, which I really need to stop looking at because I keep spending money. I have a weak spot for indie polish, I can't help it!

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, mountains, graphic nail art, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

These nails started with 2 coats of Mist And Shadow, Cloud And Shade. I really like how easy it was to reach opacity with this polish but I wish I could have gotten more glitters. I think I just need to scrap the sides of the bottle with a toothpick. When that was dry, I started free handing on the pattern which was inspired by this pattern. Everything was sealed in with a a coat of HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat.

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, mountains, graphic nail art, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

The pattern reminds me of simplified mountains which is my justification of how it's outdoorsy! I like the graphic quality of this design and I love the color of the base polish.

Here's the challenge graphic:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:
















10 comments:

  1. These are cute! Reminds me of how I used to draw mountains when I was little, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a HUGE chain of mountains! Very cute, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I like how there's a hint of glitter in the base, and I'm in love with the fact there are square glitters in the bottle too. I love me some good square glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The square glitters are so awesome! I wish I had gotten more on my nails. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your abstract mountains... and I love that polish! On a side note... have you seen the teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies? *squeels*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I haven't seen any of The Hobbit movie(s?) /: I have seen Lord Of The Rings though! *hopes we can still be friends*

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasps* But it has Dwarves! They're like distant kin to me *winks*. You have to watch the first two Hobbit movies! You have until December to catch up! You can do that after you catch up with Doctor Who *nods*. I'll be your friend still... for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still trying to catch up on Criminal Minds! I've been flying through Season 4 so hopefully I can keep it up. But I'm glad we can still be friends!

    ReplyDelete