Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Jelly

Hello lovelies!

Remember that nail art day that I said I was having yesterday? Yeah, well, nope. Didn't happen. It ended up storming really bad here and the power went out for a few hours. Normally, I don't mind thunderstorms but this one was not fun to sit through while home alone /:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, red, jelly, dots, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

I have a lot of red nails to show you today, not sure why, but I do.



nails, nail art, nail polish, red, jelly, dots, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

Here's what I used:

I really don't own any true jelly polishes because I don't like sheer polishes, so today's polish is a bit of a cheat. It probably wouldn't hurt to get a few jellies so I can at least say that I have a well-rounded nail polish stash.....Good enough excuse for me to buy polish! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, jelly, dots, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

These nails started with 1 coat of Gogo Girl. When it was basically dry, I took White On and dotted some dots on forming a triangle. I then added another layer of Gogo Girl and repeated the dotting but in a different place. To finish these nails, I added another layer of the red and a layer of topcoat. Jacki over at Adventures In Acetone has a tutorial for this called the pond manicure!

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, jelly, dots, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

These nails didn't photograph well so it's hard to see the different layers of dots and it probably would have worked better with a sheerer polish. This is one of those manicures where it looked awesome in my head but didn't translate to the nail. Blah!

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song for today:
The Hush Sound - Hourglass

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:

















8 comments:

  1. Nice looking jelly nails! I like how subtle the dots are here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! At first glance I thought it was a chunky glitter polish rather than a pond manicure. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad you can see them haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sort of a jelly *nods*. I have accidentally bought jellies, so I can now claim I own some *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I should have just painted a jelly jar on my nails! I'll have to go accidentally buy one or 2 (:

    ReplyDelete